First Cake, Last Cake

Lounge By ChrisJack1 Updated 25 Aug 2013 , 6:27pm by OhSweetDs

cakealicious7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakealicious7 Posted 28 Jun 2013 , 11:32pm
post #31 of 72

AOooooh I totally love this!!!!! It's amazing- I love Audrey Hepburn!!

brendajarmusz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brendajarmusz Posted 29 Jun 2013 , 3:04am
post #32 of 72

ABeautiful cake!!!!!

LoveMeSomeCake615 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LoveMeSomeCake615 Posted 29 Jun 2013 , 3:29am
post #33 of 72

First: (2007)

Latest: 

kaylawaylalayla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gusgus1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gusgus1 Posted 29 Jun 2013 , 5:30am
post #35 of 72

awesome!!

keepingitreal21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
keepingitreal21 Posted 29 Jun 2013 , 6:06am
post #36 of 72

This is a great thread...reminds me that when I sat out on this journey is was out of boredom and only for something to do for my son's birthdays. Now I have a passion for cake and I love it and I'm working towards a successful business. Here's my first and latest and I hope not to have to post my last anytime soon. Looking back, I'm laughing, feel free to join in...sometimes I even cry...LOL!

sk8ter72 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sk8ter72 Posted 29 Jun 2013 , 10:07am
post #37 of 72

This is my first cake...Yellow cake with cream cheese filling and Vanilla Swiss Meringue buttercream

My most recent cake...This was one of the two cakes I made for our local food bank dessert auction. It was a Hawaiian themed dessert. Almond Joy cake-chocolate almond cake with coconut filling and coconut Swiss meringue buttercream. It is covered in modeling chocolate. The flower is also made out of modeling chocolate. Sand is brown sugar. I loved how it turned out!

yortma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yortma Posted 30 Jun 2013 , 10:16pm
post #38 of 72

The first cake was for my nephew's first birthday.  The characters are plastic, and I think it was canned frosting!  It was pre digital, and is a photo of a photo.  My nephew is now 22!  The second was a graduation cake 2 weeks ago. ( I am a hobby baker, and bake occasionally).  

AppleMark

AppleMark

ShannonDavie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShannonDavie Posted 1 Jul 2013 , 4:36am
post #39 of 72

This is the first cake I made in October 2012 for my daughter's 6th birthday. At the time I thought it was pretty good but now I look at it and just cringe! That darn tiara seriously took me 5 tries to make because I kept breaking it! The bow cracked and my fondant sagged. It just looks so sad!

AppleMark

This is my most recent cake. Still has a few issues but I am happy with the progress that I have made!

DSC_2692.JPG

ccjones5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ccjones5 Posted 24 Jul 2013 , 4:43pm
post #40 of 72

I am new member, thought it would be fun to join this thread.The first cake was me being board so I ordered the cricut cake thinking how hard could it be. I hardly ever use it now but that cricut got me started creating. Makeup and tackle cake has a story. Husband ordered a cake for his wife and said an open tackle box with tackle in it would be cool. I know the wife, after thinking about it overnight I ask if I could do tackle on a cake with a twist since the wife is a girly girl and likes to fish. Happy with how it turned out. I have learned alot in the last 14 months :)

buglady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
buglady Posted 24 Jul 2013 , 4:53pm
post #41 of 72

My final cake...Decorating Basics

My first cake

My latest cake.

MissAnn1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissAnn1 Posted 6 Aug 2013 , 6:07pm
post #42 of 72

WOW! Very impressive! I'll see if I have the nerve to post mine. Lol...

BatterUpCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BatterUpCake Posted 6 Aug 2013 , 7:42pm
post #43 of 72

My last is not my best IMO...so I am cheating and doing my first and my favorite

jennicake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jennicake Posted 6 Aug 2013 , 7:50pm
post #44 of 72

I'm cringing at the idea of doing this but...

Yup, that first one was from a Wilton class.  See how smooth that "buttercream" is?  lol

KarenK55 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KarenK55 Posted 6 Aug 2013 , 7:58pm
post #45 of 72

My first cake taking a Wilton's class

My latest cake made last week..... practice practice practice......  

tarttokig Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tarttokig Posted 6 Aug 2013 , 8:33pm
post #46 of 72

Before I post my first cake, let me give you some background. It was on a sailing boat (sure, we weren't sailing, but still!), in a kitchen were you can barely turn around. I had never been on blogs, cakecentral, classes or anything similar, so really; I had no idea what I was doing! It was a prinsess cake, which means it is covered in lots of cream so it is very soft, hence it's broken on some places where I stuck my fingers. I tried to color it in a nice light blue, but since the marzipan was quite yellow, it turned turquoise... I rolled out the marzipan with a beer can since I had no rolling pin. So now that I've prepared you, behold! I must say, I'm proud of my family for eating it, and saying it looked nice.

Look at that poor thing!! Haha, hope it gave you a good laugh! ;)

Here's my latest cake(s), I made them today:

Some mini cakes! First time doing mini cakes, first time making square cakes! It's not perfect, but I'm happy with how they turned out! :) on my blog I have posted instructions for the pots, and during the week I will post tutorials for the flowers! Thanks for looking! :) (the blog adress is in the bottom right corner)

Quite an improvement, don't you think??

Shona-Kay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shona-Kay Posted 7 Aug 2013 , 11:37pm
post #47 of 72

thats your first cake?? u used marzipan??? man i dont even know how to make that yet lol

Shona-Kay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shona-Kay Posted 7 Aug 2013 , 11:42pm
post #48 of 72

*This cake is for a little girl affectionately called bassy by her music teacher. She plays the 6 Bass steel man for church. her pans are old and rusting but quite effecting and the church has wooden floors, hence the design of the cake

* dont know which of those two was last. but my first cake was my own wedding cake. sorry i dont know how to crop it

smokeysmokerton Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smokeysmokerton Posted 8 Aug 2013 , 1:11am
post #49 of 72

This was my first....notice the 3/4 inch thick fondant and the beautifully decorated cake board. Only thing that could have possibly made this better was if the letters actually made it on to the cake. *facepalm*

And this is my most recent...an anniversary cake with buttercream only. The cake plate alone is a huge improvementicon_biggrin.gif

bluemonkeycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bluemonkeycakes Posted 20 Aug 2013 , 9:54pm
post #50 of 72

Beautiful work on the fondant - so neat and smooth!

bluemonkeycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bluemonkeycakes Posted 20 Aug 2013 , 10:03pm
post #51 of 72

I loved this thread - so interesting to see everyone's progression and how good all these cakes are! Took me a while to find the photo of my first attempt - when I did find it I wish I hadn't! Oh dear :-/ 

This poor elephant is a bit lumpy and bumpy! My sister and I must have had a bit of a quiet day - we decided to have a bake-off and this was the end result. Became a bit of an obsession afterwards!

This was my latest effort (2 and a half years on from the pink elephant) - a 4 tier I made for my friend's wedding. Imagine if I'd turned up for her big day with the first!

wonderworldcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wonderworldcake Posted 21 Aug 2013 , 12:07pm
post #52 of 72

This is the first cake, my husband and I made it together for our youngest son his first birthday. The animals are from a book from Wendy Schlagwein, the whole cake was to much for a first attempt. I had no idea how long it would take of course (much longer than we had imagined). But the animals were made of fondant which I made myself. I will never do that again. What a mess!

Last one I made was for our going away party, no help from my husband.

Moss cake with purple roses and daisies. 400

kaylawaylalayla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaylawaylalayla Posted 21 Aug 2013 , 1:42pm
post #53 of 72

AOooh, what's the green stuff?

wonderworldcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wonderworldcake Posted 21 Aug 2013 , 3:44pm
post #54 of 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaylawaylalayla 

Oooh, what's the green stuff?

the green stuff is biscuit as we call it, but the rest of the world probably calls it cake...shhh.gif

sneakycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sneakycakes Posted 21 Aug 2013 , 5:12pm
post #55 of 72

The first cake I ever did (as a child, I was 8 years old):

The first cake I did as an adult for my son's birthday.  You may not believe it, but that thing on top is a shark, and those are chocolate-dipped strawberries around the edges:

The most recent cake I've done:

MMF flowers and bear, buttercream cake

Wow, that second one seems so long ago!

MissAnn1 Posted 21 Aug 2013 , 5:16pm
post #56 of 72

AOh wow! Awesome. ....I'm trying to get up enough nerve to post mine.

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 21 Aug 2013 , 7:10pm
post #57 of 72

MissAnn1: Post them just for fun.  I don't think cameras were invented when I made my first cake. It's nice to see people's improvement. it's encouraging.

MissAnn1 Posted 21 Aug 2013 , 7:16pm
post #58 of 72

This is the most recent cake.

abailey0116 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
abailey0116 Posted 21 Aug 2013 , 7:21pm
post #59 of 72

My first cake (2012)

and my most recent one (2013)

MissAnn1 Posted 21 Aug 2013 , 7:27pm
post #60 of 72

The cake posted as my recent cake is NOT mine.....uploaded what was a sample of what I want to try. SORRY!!!

Here is my cake!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%