Fondant Alphabet Cutters

Decorating By t8ergrl Updated 2 Dec 2012 , 4:19am by soledad

t8ergrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
t8ergrl Posted 2 Dec 2012 , 12:21am
post #1 of 5

I recently bought the Wilton alphabet cutters (the small ones for fondant).  For the life of me I can NOT get these little thingys to work!  What am i doing wrong?  They stick inside the cutter and the only way I seem to be able to get them out is to push something through the cutter (like a small paint brush) to push the letter out from the inside of the cutter and then it is all misshapen and I can't use it anyway.I use marshmallow fondant - could that be the trouble?  I'd LOVE to use them and they weren't cheap on a tight budget but darn it I can't get them to work right,  :(

4 replies
fcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fcakes Posted 2 Dec 2012 , 2:07am
post #2 of 5

ATry rolling out the fondant and letting it sit for 15-20 mins so the surface dries. Hopefully that shoud work. I try this for Tappits and it help. I use MMF too and the Wilton cutters are the easiest to cut with.:smile:

VKakes11 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VKakes11 Posted 2 Dec 2012 , 2:19am
post #3 of 5

I'm not sure if this would work because I've never tried it, but maybe set the cutter is PS first before putting it on the fondant, that may help it to not stick.

heartsnsync Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heartsnsync Posted 2 Dec 2012 , 4:02am
post #4 of 5

Letting the fondant sit is the key.  I have these cutters and that is what I figured out and now they are easy to use.  

soledad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
soledad Posted 2 Dec 2012 , 4:19am
post #5 of 5

I use film wrap.  I use MMF plus a little gumpaste or tylose ,roll it out place film on top, cut and let it dry a bit before mooving it to apply... Hope that helps! good luckicon_smile.gif!

Ciao!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%