How To Make Filled Chocolates?

Sugar Work By joquita Updated 1 Feb 2007 , 9:31pm by JanH

joquita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
joquita Posted 23 Jan 2007 , 11:01pm
post #1 of 8

So far, I've only done solid chocolates for the kids for Christmas. It was a lot of fun! I would love to try some filled chocolates (similar to the ones you would buy) for Valentine's day. How do you make them? What tools do I need in order to make these?
Thanks so much for your help!!! icon_smile.gif

7 replies
reenie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
reenie Posted 24 Jan 2007 , 5:19am
post #2 of 8

You'll need candy molds deep enough to hold a filling, a paint brush, a filling and of coarse chocolate. Melt the chocolate and paint the chocolate into the bottoms of the candy molds. Let it set in the fridge until hard and repeat a second coat making sure to paint all the way to the tops of the molds. Let them set a second time and fill the molds about 3/4 of the way up. Using a spoon, cover the filling with more chocolate to create the bottom of the chocolate. Let it set for the third and final time. Invert the chocolates to remove from the molds.

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 24 Jan 2007 , 5:51am
post #3 of 8
joquita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
joquita Posted 24 Jan 2007 , 6:10pm
post #4 of 8

Thanks so much! That was exactly what I needed...step by step instructions! icon_smile.gif I appreciate you taking hte time to write them out. I will check out those links when I get a chance today too..thanks!

m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 24 Jan 2007 , 6:51pm
post #5 of 8

Thanks from me too! Now I understand how to do it!

boring Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
boring Posted 25 Jan 2007 , 10:02am
post #6 of 8

Another way to do it is to pour the chocolate in the mould swish it round and then let it set a little bit then tip the remains out, let it dry more then repeat, put your filling in and leave room to add the bottom. a teaspoon full to cove the bottom or a bit less to make sure you don't have to cut the excess off after the chocolate goes into the fridge to set.

candyladyhelen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
candyladyhelen Posted 26 Jan 2007 , 9:37pm
post #7 of 8

For fillings that are more runny, I pipe mine in to the molds with a pastry bag & large ended round tube.

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 1 Feb 2007 , 9:31pm
post #8 of 8

Found a website that has recipes and instructions for making cream fondant centers:

http://tinyurl.com/ybkt21

HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%