Selling Pies?

Decorating By fcakes Updated 24 Nov 2012 , 10:08pm by fcakes

fcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fcakes Posted 21 Nov 2012 , 3:57am
post #1 of 6

AHi!

I was wondering how do you transport pies for sale? I am going to bake some in a 9-inch Pyrex dish but how do I package them for the customer?

Do I let them cool and try to slide them out then put them in a foil pan? Or bake them in the foil pan itself? I'm planning to use window boxes to give them in...thanks for the help!

5 replies
pmarks0 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pmarks0 Posted 21 Nov 2012 , 4:17am
post #2 of 6

Bake in the foil pan.  You'll have trouble getting it out of the pyrex pie plate and it won't be the same size as a foil pan anyway,

fcakes Posted 21 Nov 2012 , 9:38pm
post #3 of 6

AThnx pmarks0! Will it bake fine in the foil?

pmarks0 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pmarks0 Posted 22 Nov 2012 , 6:34pm
post #4 of 6

I've not used one myself, but I don't see why not.  Just remember they are usually a little smaller and shallower than a pyrex pan, so watch your baking time.  Since there are companies that sell premade pastry in the pan already, you could always check out their box and see what they say about baking times.

MimiFix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFix Posted 24 Nov 2012 , 2:31am
post #5 of 6

Bake and sell in the same pan - there's too much potential for damaging the product if you move it to a different pan. Aluminum works fine, but there are also heavy disposable paperware pie pans. I use a pie pan from NovaCart, but other companies make these, too.   

fcakes Posted 24 Nov 2012 , 10:08pm
post #6 of 6

AThank you all! I baked in the foil pans and they turned out great :)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%