How Did They Do This???

Decorating By Sammy09 Updated 17 Nov 2012 , 11:34pm by thallo

Sammy09 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sammy09 Posted 17 Nov 2012 , 7:06am
post #1 of 6

Ahttp://cakewrecks.squarespace.com/home/2012/6/3/sunday-sweets-jens-favorites.html It's the sleeping beauty cake that melted. Thanks in advance.

5 replies
Elcee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elcee Posted 17 Nov 2012 , 7:58pm
post #2 of 6

I could be wrong but it looks like it was made for a competiton or display and it's probably not real cake.

BakingIrene Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakingIrene Posted 17 Nov 2012 , 9:25pm
post #3 of 6

The cakeshop's link from Cakewrecks says it was made for a show.

If I had to make this for real, I would tip the layers and then stick a dowel through...and use royal icing for the outside so that it dries hard enough to hold together.

And that broomstick has to have a real heavy duty pipe inside to counterbalance the weight.

BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 17 Nov 2012 , 10:04pm
post #4 of 6

I'd think that a combination of cake, styrfoam tiers and/or wedges, and a PVC armature with several angled elbows in it would get it started.  No filling, ganache, and I'd likely cover in fondant and then use melted fondant and/or matched royal to get the drippies.

Rae

VKakes11 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VKakes11 Posted 17 Nov 2012 , 10:22pm
post #5 of 6

It's a little blurry to me, so I can't really tell either way. But, I will tell ya', if it is real, that's AMAZING!

thallo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thallo Posted 17 Nov 2012 , 11:34pm
post #6 of 6

This was an entry a couple of years ago in the Panhandle Cake Show and Competition.  It was simply amazing.  It was constructed using dummie cakes but this lady could tell you how to do this with real cake.  She is an amazing decorator and this is only one of the any entries she has had over the years in this show.  You can contact her through their local club at www.panhandlecakecrumbs.com .  Her name is Sharon and she is the webmaster for the club.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%