Fondant Imprint Mats On Buttercream

Decorating By cakeadoodle Updated 17 Nov 2012 , 5:20am by kazita

cakeadoodle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeadoodle Posted 17 Nov 2012 , 3:46am
post #1 of 3

I was wondering if anyone can offer any advice or helpful hints on using fondant imprint mats on buttercream icing.  I really don't want to do the top of the cake in fondant but love the design I have found and have heard  you can use the imprint mats on buttercream.  The only information I have been able to find so far says to make sure the buttercream has crusted over and to sprinkle the mat with cornstarch, shake off the excess and imprint design.

Any and all help and/or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

2 replies
kazita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kazita Posted 17 Nov 2012 , 5:11am
post #2 of 3

AIf I understand the question your asking I bought one of the imprint Matt's the Duff brand and I did the top of a cake . I made sure the BC was crusted than I put the mat on top of the cake and pressed kinda hard , When I lifted it off it didn't make an mmuch indent as much as I wanted so I put the mat back on the cake and used the 9 inch roller to get an even nice imprint. I only did the top of the cakes that I made for the customer ....the lady did notice the imprint and really like it. Hope this helps

kazita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kazita Posted 17 Nov 2012 , 5:20am
post #3 of 3

AOne the thing I forgot to mention is do your impressions before the you do your borders . Happy Baking :grin:

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%