Help Needed Trying To Make Navy Fondant!

Decorating By radtech Updated 8 Nov 2012 , 10:04pm by Jenn123

radtech Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
radtech Posted 7 Nov 2012 , 2:25pm
post #1 of 8

I am tying trying to make navy fondant without any luck.  I bought some Duffs blue fondant and it is light blue- way too light so I added Americolor royal blue -  that was the darkest blue that Hobby Lobby sells.  I then added a some black and I ended up with more of a blue/green fondant.  Does anyone have any ideas on how to save this! 

7 replies
Dani1081 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dani1081 Posted 7 Nov 2012 , 2:46pm
post #2 of 8

americolor sky blue and violet in equal amounts makes navy. sounds odd i know, but it really works.

Jenn123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenn123 Posted 7 Nov 2012 , 3:22pm
post #3 of 8

The blue green fondant might can be saved by adding the opposite color on the color wheel.

Blue- orange

Green- red

radtech Posted 7 Nov 2012 , 3:28pm
post #4 of 8

Thank you both so muchthumbs_up.gif   I will first try to save what I have and if that doesnt' work I will try the blue and violet!

inspiredbymom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
inspiredbymom Posted 7 Nov 2012 , 3:46pm
post #5 of 8

Please keep us posted on how it turns out!  I've had good luck using royal and black (especially when I ordered the wrong color!  Sorry DH) so I am curious how this turns out!

Jenn123 Posted 7 Nov 2012 , 4:39pm
post #6 of 8

If all else fails make it all black and save for future use! Good luck!

radtech Posted 8 Nov 2012 , 12:26pm
post #7 of 8

Jenn123 you are genius!  I added some of Duff's red fondant and ta-da, it gave me a beautiful shade of navy.  I am so very thankful for all of the other sugestions but I am so glad I didn't have to throw away such a large amount of fondant.  I am a hobbist so I don't make alot of cakes but I was asked to make a football stadium cake for a tailgate I am attending.  Once again you girls (and guys) ROCK!

Jenn123 Posted 8 Nov 2012 , 10:04pm
post #8 of 8

YAY!!!! So glad it worked. :)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%