Decorations That Don't Require Dry Time

Decorating By Kaykaymay Updated 31 Oct 2012 , 7:44pm by VaBelle

Kaykaymay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kaykaymay Posted 31 Oct 2012 , 5:51pm
post #1 of 4

Hi

I have a cake due in a few hours but I don't have any gumpaste flowers or decorations and I obviously don't have the time for them to dry if I make something now. please help with ideas of decorations that don't need to dry?

The cake is for my godmother and she's allowing me to pic whatever style I want but the colors should be pink green and white.

3 replies
FromScratchSF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratchSF Posted 31 Oct 2012 , 5:59pm
post #2 of 4

Use modeling chocolate.  As soon as you make whatever decoration all you need to do is pop it in the freezer for 5 minutes and it will hold it's shape.

Kaykaymay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kaykaymay Posted 31 Oct 2012 , 6:47pm
post #3 of 4

Thanks fromscratch but I've never used modeling chocolate so I don't have any. All I have right now is buttercream.

VaBelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VaBelle Posted 31 Oct 2012 , 7:44pm
post #4 of 4

It's probably too late for you now, but some of my favorite last minute designs are covering the cake in buttercream rosettes and candle cakes. Both are quick and easy and last minute fondant decorations that don't require drying time can be used. For the rosette cake, I've added little ribbon roses and butter cream leaves. For the candle cake, since it was winter time, I added holly leaves and berries around the base. I will also say, so being the quickest and easiest designs, they got the most rave reviews.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%