Help Please!!!!!!! Need To Know How To Make This Cake Topper.

Decorating By knoxmom Updated 6 Nov 2012 , 5:58pm by doramoreno62

knoxmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
knoxmom Posted 31 Oct 2012 , 4:54pm
post #1 of 10

I am making this cake for a friend this weekend and I was wondering how to would any of you make the cake topper on it and how to make it stand up on the cake.  I am making a cake like the one below any help would be appreciated.

https://mail-attachment.googleusercontent.com/attachment/?ui=2&ik=bb7ea87e50&view=att&th=13a51995bf2ebe9d&attid=0.1&disp=inline&safe=1&zw&saduie=AG9B_P_6brxOSOlfmRMF_ISg2vI8&sadet=1351702303311&sads=X3TxANbc_FJMSNDV6Ub_1hFgCww

9 replies
Godot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Godot Posted 31 Oct 2012 , 5:17pm
post #2 of 10

Looks like a chocolate transfer.

You can make something similar from gumpaste.

gmfcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gmfcakes Posted 31 Oct 2012 , 6:30pm
post #3 of 10

Yes the top of the skate looks like a chocolate transfers, which you can find tons of tutorials on google or youtube. the bottom looks like they are just fondant or gumpaste wheels. You could attach some skewers or lolli sticks to the top part with chocolate then stick in the cake add the wheels to hide the sticks. 

you can cover the sticks with color of the wheels, etc. then add a stick between the two wheels. Something like that HTH. 

knoxmom Posted 1 Nov 2012 , 2:33am
post #4 of 10

Thanks Ladies for you suggestions!

ApplegumPam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ApplegumPam Posted 1 Nov 2012 , 5:46am
post #5 of 10

Did you all have to DOWNLOAD that pic to your computer to view it?

Ridiculous!!!  icon_mad.gif

Robert90 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Robert90 Posted 1 Nov 2012 , 7:30am
post #6 of 10

yes u are welcome here.. you can easily to make diffrent dishes with the help of this information...

doramoreno62 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doramoreno62 Posted 1 Nov 2012 , 7:37am
post #7 of 10

If you can freehand, draw it onto a gumpaste plaque with edible markers or paints. Or do what I do (if you have an edible image printer or access to one), google roller skate clip art and find one you like. Then print it on an edible icing sheet and then stick it to a gumpaste plaque. The plaque should be at least 1/4" thick.

ApplegumPam, I had the option to download or open the picture. I just chose to open it. It did not download it to my pc. I am still on the fence about these upgrades though.

judcreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
judcreations Posted 3 Nov 2012 , 5:55pm
post #8 of 10

This was a Skates cake that I did recently.....Skate was done in Fondant. I just googled, printed the one I liked & then cut it out to the required shape. Used that to make a cutout of Fondant. Left it to dry overnight. Hope that helps

knoxmom Posted 5 Nov 2012 , 10:21pm
post #9 of 10

Thanks Ladies for all your help and suggestions!  I ended up making it from fondant and letting it dry overnight then I was sure how to get it to stand up on the cake so I just put a plastic dowel in the cake and leaned it up on that.  Judcreations how did you get your skate to stand up?  It turned out good I was pleased but wished I did have a better way to get it to stand up.

doramoreno62 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doramoreno62 Posted 6 Nov 2012 , 5:58pm
post #10 of 10

That looks great! I usually melt some white chocolate and dip a popsicle stick into it and attach it to the back of the plaque. Once it's dry just push the popsicle stick into the cake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%