Speckled Fondat

Decorating By jena2727 Updated 25 Oct 2012 , 10:48pm by cakecraving

jena2727 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jena2727 Posted 25 Oct 2012 , 12:33pm
post #1 of 8

Good Morning!

I have a wedding cake to do that will be Snickerdoodle flavor. When the client tasted the cake they asked to have the color of the cake look like the frosting on their cupcake they tasted which was a cinnamon buttercream. I'm going to test it out in a bit and am sure it will work just fine but has anyone added cinnamon to their fondant to get a speckled look? I have Antique White Fondariffic which is the perfect color as long as the cinnamon spreads throughout like it does in Buttercream.

7 replies
cakecraving Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakecraving Posted 25 Oct 2012 , 2:14pm
post #2 of 8

Im not sure but would be interested to know once you try it. Good Luck icon_smile.gif

jena2727 Posted 25 Oct 2012 , 4:46pm
post #3 of 8

Will certainly keep ya posted!! Of course I find that Fondarific now has the same color fondant in Cinnamon bun flavor! Would have gone great on my Snickerdoodle cake.... Oh well!

AAtKT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AAtKT Posted 25 Oct 2012 , 4:49pm
post #4 of 8

This is just a guess, but roll it out a bit and sprinkle some on lightly... then mix it in... I haven't ever done it, but I would worry that it wouldn't spread evenly when working it into a solid ball... but I could be wrong...

AZCouture Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AZCouture Posted 25 Oct 2012 , 4:58pm
post #5 of 8

I would roll the fondant out half way to the point where it's big enough to cover whatever tier your'e working on. Pick it up, and sprinkle the cinnamon on the table/mat/whatever surface you're rolling out on. Put the fondant back down and continue rolling out. I think that by the time you're pushed around on it, and stretched it out, it would be speckled just right, and won't have spread out and mixed in too much to the rest of the fondant. I hope that made sense. I can clearly see in my head the process.

jena2727 Posted 25 Oct 2012 , 10:22pm
post #6 of 8

Gotcha!! Im going to try it both ways with a small piece and see how it goes! Actually gonna do it now!

jena2727 Posted 25 Oct 2012 , 10:27pm
post #7 of 8

So I tried mixing it in, worked perfect!! I poured a bit too much so it darkened the fondant a bit but still came out perfectly speckled!

cakecraving Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakecraving Posted 25 Oct 2012 , 10:48pm
post #8 of 8

Awesome thanks so glad it worked for you

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%