Need Wedding Cupcake Help

Baking By Lynne3 Updated 26 Oct 2012 , 4:26pm by Brettley

Lynne3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lynne3 Posted 24 Oct 2012 , 5:21pm
post #1 of 4

I am doing a wedding cupcake tower.
There are many beautiful designs out there that use fondant, dragees, and gumpaste flowers.
Problem is that they become a hot mess as people have to remove the gumpaste flowers and dragees before they eat the cupcake.

Doe anyone have an elegant cupcake decorating idea that is as good to eat as it is to look at. I am really stumped and want them to look elegant. But sacrificing the joy of digging in to eat it without taking it apart makes me uncomfortable.

Any ideas and pictures would be appreciated.

3 replies
BakingIrene Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakingIrene Posted 24 Oct 2012 , 6:13pm
post #2 of 4

Many of the older Wilton yearbooks show cupcakes with piped buttercream flowers on top. You either do a green border, or you add a base coat with a spatula. Or a flattish swirl.

Then you just pipe the flower right on top. Pop into a freezer before packing. Completely edible and delicious.

saraek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
saraek Posted 26 Oct 2012 , 3:54pm
post #3 of 4

Yes, you could pipe a buttercream flower on top, rather than use gumpaste!

for my sister's wedding, I did a really simple design... swirled the vanilla buttercream on top then colored sugar pearls to match her wedding colors... they were simple but looked really elegant. I do love the idea of piping BC flowers though!

Brettley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Brettley Posted 26 Oct 2012 , 4:26pm
post #4 of 4

I am in the middle of doing a hot pink, black and white cupcake tower. The bride has ask for black dragees..... I wondered about the same thing you are worried about until I found this link!

http://www.earlenescakes.com/prlinstruct.htm

It worked great! They are sitting in a tupperware container waiting to show themselves off! I will post a picture tomorrow after I drop off the cupcake tower.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%