Polka Dots Cake

Decorating By Thesweettalk Updated 22 Oct 2012 , 4:01pm by Thesweettalk

Thesweettalk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Thesweettalk Posted 18 Oct 2012 , 5:35pm
post #1 of 12

Hi All icon_smile.gif

I have to make a cake with polka dots inside. i have made this before with cake pops but those dots are rather large. This time i have to make small dots. Any ideas on how to accomplish that?

Thanks icon_smile.gif
Rakhi

11 replies
suzied Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suzied Posted 19 Oct 2012 , 7:11am
post #2 of 12

Cant understand. are you talking of decorating yr cake with polka dots. OR
before baking adding polka dots - would love to know

Dani1081 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dani1081 Posted 19 Oct 2012 , 1:18pm
post #3 of 12

If you've made a polka dot before using cake pops and that worked, just make the cake pops smaller for smaller polka dots.

coke Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
coke Posted 19 Oct 2012 , 2:10pm
post #4 of 12

Its done the same way as the leopard print, only using 1 colour. There is a tutorial on this site. Basically you can make any sized cake balls using pre-baked cake and some icing, then plop them randomly into your cake batter. HTH

Thesweettalk Posted 19 Oct 2012 , 4:23pm
post #5 of 12

@ SuzieD..... I meant i have to bake polka dots inside a cake.

@ Dani1081....and @ Coke....
The cakepops mould is too big. I have never seen smaller cake pops mould. If i use hand shaped cake pops with icing in it. Wont that affect the cake??? like may be loose its shape while baking or the buttercream melting off inside. Should i freeze them first? what do you think?

Thanks icon_smile.gif
Rakhi

theresaf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
theresaf Posted 19 Oct 2012 , 5:31pm
post #6 of 12

check out DStauch's website
http://www.once-upon-a-pedestal.blogspot.com/

who has a million (give or take) surprise inside variations, cake and cookie. She's the original (I think) polka-dot-cake-inside post.

I used her polka dot method to make myself a cake with the letter T inside each slice.
http://cakecentral.com/gallery/2336451/to-a-t

Good luck
Theresa

Thesweettalk Posted 19 Oct 2012 , 5:41pm
post #7 of 12

Thanks Theresa icon_smile.gif

I have made these before (learnt it from the same blog icon_smile.gif but this time i need the dots to be smaller ...and there in lies the problem icon_sad.gif

Rakhi

theresaf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
theresaf Posted 19 Oct 2012 , 6:59pm
post #8 of 12

Why not use hand-formed balls or the kind of mini-scoop from a melon baller or small ice cream scoop? Would that work for you?

Theresa

Thesweettalk Posted 19 Oct 2012 , 7:09pm
post #9 of 12

tried the melon baller but the edges are not clean. guess ill have to live with that. pick my battles icon_smile.gif

Samanthas_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Samanthas_Cakes Posted 19 Oct 2012 , 7:39pm
post #10 of 12

I have use a marinade injector for meat to do this, the kind that looks like a very large syringe with an oversized needle. It gives you enough control to make the dots the size and shape you want them. Just remember they will get larger as the batter rises, so make them smaller than you want them to be when the cake is done. I color the batter to use for the dots and load it in the syringe. Then I pour a layer of batter in my prepared cake pan and drop dots of the colored batter on it, pour another layer and repeat. I hope this helps, and made sense.

coke Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
coke Posted 20 Oct 2012 , 12:42am
post #11 of 12

in referance to my post above- check this out http://www.bobbicamacho.com/2012/08/polka-dot-cake.html

Thesweettalk Posted 22 Oct 2012 , 4:01pm
post #12 of 12

Thanks Guys icon_smile.gif

Samantha_cakes ...Thanks. I like the idea, will give it a try. Will let you know how it turns out icon_smile.gif

Thanks icon_smile.gif
Rakhi

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%