Mini Shoes (Jem Cutters)

Decorating By Chefperl Updated 18 Oct 2012 , 3:23am by me_me1

Chefperl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chefperl Posted 17 Oct 2012 , 2:37am
post #1 of 3

I have never used the Jem Cutters before and I was wondering how long it takes to make a pair of the mini shoes. I am pretty fast at making big shoes, but these seem so small. Some one wants to order 7 dozen cupcakes with a pair of shoes on each one, and I have no idea what to charge her since I have no clue how long they take to make. As a reference point, I charge $28 a dozen for my basic flower cupcake. (the entire cupcake decorated to a flower). Thanks in advance.

2 replies
arlenej Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
arlenej Posted 17 Oct 2012 , 4:43am
post #2 of 3

I've got the set and I'm not sure a pair'll fit nicely on a cupcake. However, I'd suggest you get the set. This one order'll pay for them! And then you'll have them on hand for other shoe orders. What I've done is make long formers from old gumpaste so I can make a set of soles and put them to dry instead of doing them one-by-one. Saves so much time.

me_me1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
me_me1 Posted 18 Oct 2012 , 3:23am
post #3 of 3

I've used them for a cupcake order before and found them to be just a bit too big so I just cut them down to size a little before joining all the parts up.

Because of having to cut them down a little they did quite a bit longer than they normally would.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%