Baking By mo63 Updated 16 Oct 2012 , 6:26am by mo63

mo63 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mo63 Posted 13 Oct 2012 , 6:05am
post #1 of 4

Does anybody know if it is possible to buy the letter cut-outs as used in the "Maltesers" sign.
I wanted to make a cake that I have seen but dont know how to write the logo in order to make it look genuine.
The cake is not for sale but just for my sister as she loves Maltesers. I have some small tap-its and some capital letter stampers but they do not look right.
Please help icon_cry.gif

3 replies
mo63 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sfandm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sfandm Posted 15 Oct 2012 , 10:14pm
post #3 of 4

Hello from across the pond. IMO, I would take the logo found on the internet, I found a bunch, but can't post them here, then find a cake shop that has a edible image printer, and print it up on sugar paper, then cut out around and apply to fondant or chocolate clay. Just my 2 cents.

mo63 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mo63 Posted 16 Oct 2012 , 6:26am
post #4 of 4

What a brilliant idea, never gave that a thought!!

I have struggled over the past 2 days as I hadnt had a reply so I decided to trace over the logo onto baking parchment and with an edible icing pen. I traced the front and then flipped it over and traced over it again on the back.................stay with me now, lol.............then I flipped it back and pressed it down onto a piece of icing, I placed a dampened cloth over it and rolled it firmly and I ended up with the faint outline. I am now going to colour it in with some lustre dust mixed with vodka and hope for the best.

I will definitly go with your idea though if this fails. I will start looking up any shops in my local area who offer that service thumbs_up.gif

Thanks again for your help icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%