A Cake Book That Covers Most Areas

Decorating By dweddings Updated 19 Oct 2012 , 1:17am by MissPastryChef88

dweddings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dweddings Posted 12 Oct 2012 , 2:24pm
post #1 of 10

If there were one book that you could recommend to someone that covers most areas in cake decorating what book would you recommend? I would like to purchase a cake decorating book for someone who has a little bit of knowledge pertaining to the use of fondant. There are so many books out there can anyone recommend one book that mostly deals with the use of fondant.Thank you

9 replies
wyowolf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wyowolf Posted 12 Oct 2012 , 3:26pm
post #2 of 10

I would like to know the same thing!

cakemaker2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakemaker2 Posted 12 Oct 2012 , 4:33pm
post #3 of 10

The absolutely best cake decorating book I have found is The complete photo guide to cake decorating by Autumn Carpenter. Regardless of your skill level there is something for everyone to learn here. I can't say enough good things about the book. I got mine at Michael's (about $25.00).

Jeannem Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jeannem Posted 12 Oct 2012 , 5:37pm
post #4 of 10

IMHO the Wilton yearbooks are outstanding. They give an overview of a lot of techniques and ideas. They're easy to find, fairly inexpensive, and dynamite colors. They cover buttercream, fondant, and chocolate.
That being said, I don't use them much anymore, as my skill level has improved past what they offer.
I have not seen Autumn's book, but she does a great job f explaining things

BakingIrene Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakingIrene Posted 12 Oct 2012 , 6:52pm
post #5 of 10

The Wilton Way of Cake Decorating Volume II covers this and many other forms of cake decorating extremely well. You should be able to pick it up on ebay for less than $25 plus shipping. Or try abebooks.com

ISBN is 091-2696-117 published in 1977.

dweddings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dweddings Posted 15 Oct 2012 , 3:11pm
post #6 of 10

Thank you very much for the info. I am going to get the book by Autumn

tdovewings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tdovewings Posted 15 Oct 2012 , 3:46pm
post #7 of 10

I love toba garret's thw well decorated cake. It reaaly is a text book on cake decorating. It has lesson plans, templates, and covers everytjing from baking to decorating in a variety of mediums. It is my go to source book

mbranko24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbranko24 Posted 15 Oct 2012 , 5:18pm
post #8 of 10

I second the book by Autumn Carpenter.

kisamarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kisamarie Posted 15 Oct 2012 , 5:36pm
post #9 of 10

Rose Levy Beranbaum's, The Cake Bible. Lots of recipes for all different types of Buttercreams and Ganaches if you are looking to do some flavors that are outside of the box!

MissPastryChef88 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissPastryChef88 Posted 19 Oct 2012 , 1:17am
post #10 of 10

Toba Garrett.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%