Hard Brown Icing For Football Cookies?

Baking By johnson6ofus Updated 11 Oct 2012 , 9:46pm by johnson6ofus

johnson6ofus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
johnson6ofus Posted 11 Oct 2012 , 1:37am
post #1 of 8

A colored royal icing or some chocolate ganache???? Must dry hard to stack.....help?

7 replies
jade8 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jade8 Posted 11 Oct 2012 , 1:47am
post #2 of 8

search antonia74 royal icing. easy to make and work with.

johnson6ofus Posted 11 Oct 2012 , 2:25am
post #3 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade8

search antonia74 royal icing. easy to make and work with.

Yes, it is... and I love Toba's glaze. I saw that "chocolate royal icing" is rated bad. Maybe I was thinking some form of melted chocolate would be great???? I just want good looking and tasty too.

I made rolled chocolate sugar cookies that are not too sweet... so icing is definitely needed.

Anyone else with tried and true experience?

3D-Sweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
3D-Sweets Posted 11 Oct 2012 , 1:46pm
post #4 of 8

I have never made it, but here's a link to SweetSugarbelle's Chocolate Royal Icing:
http://www.sweetsugarbelle.com/blog/2012/02/chocolate-royal-icing/

I trust her with anything sweet! (Also, I'd think the ganache would set well enough to stack. Maybe modelling chocolate?)

johnson6ofus Posted 11 Oct 2012 , 1:52pm
post #5 of 8

Thanks! I may try it myself. I saw a similar recipe posted here, but it had only 5 of 10 stars in the review....That was the original idea, so I may just have to go for it. icon_biggrin.gif

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 11 Oct 2012 , 7:11pm
post #6 of 8

Ganache will not set up well enough to stack them and chocolate will get scuffed very easily (though do-able).

I just did some last week and made a chocolate royal icing of just powdered sugar, egg whites, a little vanilla, and cocoa powder. I just do it to consistency - no recipe. Worked great icon_smile.gif

dynee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dynee Posted 11 Oct 2012 , 8:18pm
post #7 of 8

I made super bowl football cookies one year and didn't use a recipe, but add enough cocoa powder to regular RI until I got the color I wanted and they were delicious.

johnson6ofus Posted 11 Oct 2012 , 9:46pm
post #8 of 8

Thanks ladies... and that's more or less what I did. Added a little corn syrup to get a smoother spread-ability. So far, so good...now dry time. Fingers crossed!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%