Unrealistic Television

Business By AAtKT Updated 23 Oct 2012 , 12:52am by Ursula40

AAtKT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AAtKT Posted 9 Oct 2012 , 11:50am
post #1 of 4

Honestly, I am sure I remember a thread I could have added this to, but I just can't seem to find it this morning...

So last night I stop over at my mother's place and she is watching Bridezilla... Either the narrator was way off in this show or the woman was crazy... or both or some combination of issues... anyhow... it said that the woman's wedding was in four days... She was just sitting down to talk with the baker about the design of her cake... for the first time...

Now I know that they will do things for television, but doing that makes it seem like you can get some elaborately done up cake in a short period of time...
No wonder many of us get those last minute gotta have show stopping appearance changes/orders...

3 replies
Rose_N_Crantz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rose_N_Crantz Posted 22 Oct 2012 , 9:43pm
post #2 of 4

At the bakery I work at we get maybe 4-5 weddings a year that when they call to make a tasting appt we find out they're getting married in like a week. We work them in if we can. But we do kinda give them the whole "WHOA! A week? Goodness, we gotta get going here! Most people contact us a few months in advance!"

mommachris Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommachris Posted 23 Oct 2012 , 12:29am
post #3 of 4

Absolutely nothing in those reality shows is real.
The 'surprise' venues are booked months in advance. The new dresses are not only in stock in the right size but fitted to the bride's maids before they even try them on. Suddenly, they can find 25 table clothes in a certain share of green...and some dogwood branches that are flowering in Jan...really? The cake was already ordered and the tasting is just a photo op. Please. icon_confused.gif
I can't watch those shows. I want to throw something at the tv. How dumb do they think we are?

mommachris

Ursula40 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ursula40 Posted 23 Oct 2012 , 12:52am
post #4 of 4

One thing I can never understand, is how these people can show themselves in the street, after show like this were aired.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%