Sheet Cake Sizes

Decorating By MissMona Updated 3 Oct 2012 , 12:55am by CWR41

MissMona Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissMona Posted 2 Oct 2012 , 10:41pm
post #1 of 4

I would really appreciate it if y'all would discuss or link me to info on sheet cake sizes. I have 9x13 for a 1/4 sheet and a 13x18"(?) for 1/2 sheet and normally use 2 of those for a full sheet.....but that's a problem when shopping for boards and boxes and really haven't needed to do one for more than a year. Now it's come up a couple of times in the last week, I just wonder ....it seems that bakeries are using a smaller size for a full sheet...will start calling and checking tomorrow but wanted to get some solid info here first. Thanks!!!!!

3 replies
Rose_N_Crantz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rose_N_Crantz Posted 2 Oct 2012 , 10:52pm
post #2 of 4

The bakery I work at bakes their full sheet cakes in a full sheet pan. That's 18X26 inches. For half sheets we cut a full sheet in half. For quarter sheets we cut a half sheet in half. So the half sheets are 18X13. Quarters are 13X9. Same as what you are doing. Although to be honest when I'm cutting, I'm not exactly measuring. So the measurements may be a little off, but it's about what I described.

MissMona Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissMona Posted 2 Oct 2012 , 11:02pm
post #3 of 4

Thank you so much for your input! I think I remember something about our local bakers using something smaller than what you and I are doing. I will check tomorrow and know for sure. I know that I cannot do a full sheet for $50 like they do! icon_smile.gif

CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 3 Oct 2012 , 12:55am
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMona

...it seems that bakeries are using a smaller size for a full sheet..

(Yes, bakeries typically use a true commercial full sheet pan which is smaller than pushing two half sheets together.)

1/4 Sheet = 9x13
1/3 Sheet = 11x15
1/2 Sheet = 12x18
Full Sheet = 16x24 (baked in 18x26 Bun pan with bakeable cardboard tray).

Additional full sheet info:
A commercial Bun pan is 18" x 26" (outside measurement), and because they are tapered for nesting or making them stackable, the inside measurement is 16.5" x 24.5".

A commercial full sheet is 16" x 24". They are baked in 16" x 24" bakeable cardboard trays that fit into the Bun pans (flat surface portion) which are used during baking for support and handling purposes.

A true commercial full sheet (16" x 24") serves 96 (unit wt. 106-124 oz.).

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%