Peacock Tail

Decorating By bobhope Updated 2 Oct 2012 , 3:21am by bobhope

bobhope Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobhope Posted 30 Sep 2012 , 2:13pm
post #1 of 5

my apologies if this has been asked already before but I can't seem to get a good result after searching the forums.. anyway, I have a cake for Oct 20 that has a peacock as a topper.. I already made the peacock's body out of RKT.. i am making the tails out of gum paste & each "feather" will be attached to a wire ( got this tip from here, sorry can't remember the poster icon_sad.gif ), bunch them up to form the tail .. what I would like to know is how I attach the tails to the rear part of the peacock.. any suggestions. tips, ideas will be greatly appreciated.. btw, the peacock will sit on top of a styro ball covered in small gp flowers, do you think inserting the wired tail into the styro ball will be a good idea? .. thank you!!

cheers!!
bobbie

4 replies
bobhope Posted 1 Oct 2012 , 5:10pm
post #2 of 5

so nobody has any idea, suggestion? pls? ... anyone? icon_sad.gif

Lynne3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lynne3 Posted 1 Oct 2012 , 6:13pm
post #3 of 5

will the feathers trellis down the cake, or stick up in a plume

BakingIrene Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakingIrene Posted 1 Oct 2012 , 11:57pm
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobhope

i am making the tails out of gum paste & each "feather" will be attached to a wire ( got this tip from here, sorry can't remember the poster icon_sad.gif ), bunch them up to form the tail .. what I would like to know is how I attach the tails to the rear part of the peacock.. any suggestions. tips, ideas will be greatly appreciated.. btw, the peacock will sit on top of a styro ball covered in small gp flowers, do you think inserting the wired tail into the styro ball will be a good idea?

Remember to lay out the wired feathers on a table as you want them to appear, and THEN cut the wires. Make each wire 2" longer than the finished feather.

Twist the tops of the wires together for about 2" and shove that length into the styro ball. Then cover the ball with the flowers.

bobhope Posted 2 Oct 2012 , 3:21am
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynne3

will the feathers trellis down the cake, or stick up in a plume

oh Lynne, missed to mention that the tail feathers gonna cascade/trellis down the cake icon_smile.gif

Irene, what I did last night was stick the gp covered wires into the styro ball, letting individual feathers dry now, paint them before placing/arranging them into the wires icon_smile.gif
Thanks! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%