Cheesecake Question, How Do I Cut It Like This?

Decorating By snazzycakes1 Updated 20 Sep 2012 , 9:24am by Pearl123

snazzycakes1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snazzycakes1 Posted 18 Sep 2012 , 3:48am
post #1 of 10

how do you get your cheesecake this shape? is there a certain pan? are they cut after baking? tia
LL

9 replies
cookiemonster025 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookiemonster025 Posted 18 Sep 2012 , 5:38am
post #2 of 10

You need a special pan. If you look for a mini cheesecake pan (Amazon and eBay are great places to look), there are pans that will make this size and smaller ones too! They look like muffin pans but with bottoms that lift out so that you can pop the cheesecakes out once they are cooled.

DeliciousDesserts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeliciousDesserts Posted 18 Sep 2012 , 1:51pm
post #3 of 10

Magic Line & Fat Daddio make "bottomless" pans. They are much better than springform & come in all sizes.

BakingIrene Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakingIrene Posted 18 Sep 2012 , 5:40pm
post #4 of 10

That looks like refrigerator cheesecake (cream cheese plus gelatin custard base). Made in a sheet pan on top of a cookie crumb crust, then cut with a standard bakery round cutter.

MsGF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MsGF Posted 18 Sep 2012 , 5:54pm
post #5 of 10

It is made using this pan or one like it. I have one and love it. :0

http://shopping.yahoo.com/5166502-mini-cheesecake-pan-12-cavity-139-x-106/

Take Care

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 19 Sep 2012 , 3:31am
post #6 of 10

I have the pans. These are a favorite on my buffets.

Pearl123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pearl123 Posted 19 Sep 2012 , 10:38am
post #7 of 10

I've done a tiramisu like this. Used a standard round cutter. But I froze my dessert before I cut it. By the time it had defrosted it held its shape well. Much less work than individuals and I didn't have to buy the pans.
Only downside is the wastage in between the circles you cut, although it is minimal and I just scooped them all up for the tasters to enjoy (that being my ever eager family!).

DeliciousDesserts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeliciousDesserts Posted 19 Sep 2012 , 3:46pm
post #8 of 10

I used to cut with the rounds and it took forever & made my hands sore. Small removable pans are much easier!

megpi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
megpi Posted 19 Sep 2012 , 4:27pm
post #9 of 10

We make our cheesecakes like this at work. You just make them individually in ring molds like this.

After lining a pan with parchment, arrange the molds evenly and spray down the sides VERY well. Add your crust and press it down until it's compact. After that you can just add your filling and bake. Once their cooled to room temp, just slide off the molds.

Pearl123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pearl123 Posted 20 Sep 2012 , 9:24am
post #10 of 10

DeliciousDesserts... you right! I remember my hands being so sore and frozen by the time I was done. on second thoughts... if you can buy the pans or moulds that would be much better.
Although I must say, the actually making of the cheesecake (layering it etc.) would be easier in one pan. I guess each to his own, find what works for you...

Happy caking!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%