Seven Minute Frosting Please Help

Decorating By anavillatoro1 Updated 19 Sep 2012 , 5:08pm by anavillatoro1

anavillatoro1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anavillatoro1 Posted 17 Sep 2012 , 5:58pm
post #1 of 7

Hi.. I have to make a coconut cake and have seven minute frosting, and I hear that this frosting just last 1 day and that is a problem because i bake my cakes the day before, its this for real? PLEASE HELP ME somebody make this before? icon_cry.gif

6 replies
Diana81 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Diana81 Posted 18 Sep 2012 , 12:40am
post #2 of 7

Make the cake when u usually make it and just make your frosting the day of.

jgifford Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jgifford Posted 18 Sep 2012 , 12:44am
post #3 of 7

I've never had a problem with 7-minute frosting lasting several days. Of course, this is one I keep covered and refrigerated.

KSue6101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KSue6101 Posted 18 Sep 2012 , 1:24am
post #4 of 7

It is my favorite frosting, my mom started making it for me when I was young. I'd have it on angel food cake for my birthday. It usually only lasts a day looking good. After a day it gets kind of mushy looking but still tastes good a couple more. Put it on the cake before serving it. We never put it in the fridge so I don't know how well that works. Good Luck. There is also a mix that is easy and tastes just like the scratch version: Betty Crocker Home Style Fluffy White frosting mix. It's in a red and blue box. You only have to add a half cup boiling water and beat. Kind of hard to find around here.

anavillatoro1 Posted 18 Sep 2012 , 1:52pm
post #5 of 7

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, YOU ARE THE BEST icon_wink.gif

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 19 Sep 2012 , 5:07am
post #6 of 7

Italian meringue (not buttercream) is similar and will hold up a little longer if you need it to last.

anavillatoro1 Posted 19 Sep 2012 , 5:08pm
post #7 of 7

Thank you I make the 7 minute and not last more the one day, too bad icon_cry.gif Its soooo god, now I goo for the Italian meringue Thank you So much

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%