Help Please-I Am Desperate- Need Help With Edna's Gumpaste

Baking By mbranko24 Updated 16 Sep 2012 , 2:31pm by LKing12

mbranko24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbranko24 Posted 15 Sep 2012 , 6:41pm
post #1 of 7

Ok, I really nees help. I am not one to make GP or fondant (which I am making tomorrow-Lord help me) and now I know the reason why.

I followed her tutorial and my GP was crumbly and very hard. I did not have a strainer or sifter for my powdered sugar- maybe this is why? It was not nice and shiny like hers in the tutorial.

Any tips or insight is appreciated-

Thanks!

6 replies
mareg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mareg Posted 15 Sep 2012 , 8:26pm
post #2 of 7

Did you measure the amounts exactly? Sifting or not should not effect the texture. I made it once and it did that too. Only thing I can think of that made it that way is the weather. I've made it since and its been perfect.
Sorry your having a hard time.

mbranko24 Posted 15 Sep 2012 , 9:21pm
post #3 of 7

Thanks Mare! I gave Linda McLures recipe a go and it came out great. I figured I'd give it a try since I couldn't go out to the store till tomorrow to get sifter.

kimbm04r Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimbm04r Posted 16 Sep 2012 , 2:00am
post #4 of 7

I always use Linda McClures recipe now. I love it.

mareg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mareg Posted 16 Sep 2012 , 6:34am
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbranko24

Thanks Mare! I gave Linda McLures recipe a go and it came out great. I figured I'd give it a try since I couldn't go out to the store till tomorrow to get sifter.

I'ge never heard of it. Is the recipe on CC?

mbranko24 Posted 16 Sep 2012 , 1:23pm
post #6 of 7

Hi Mare! I don't think it's posted here on CC, cut if you google it, she has a 3 part tutorial on YouTube that gives the recipe and shows you how to make it. It is a little more labor intensive than Nick Lodge's but it worked for me. I'll keep you posted when I go to take it out of the fridge tonight and color it. I did not color all of it when I was making it as I only need some red right now for flowers.

LKing12 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LKing12 Posted 16 Sep 2012 , 2:31pm
post #7 of 7

I have made Edna's GP and love it. I did have problems once and I think that it is the egg white measurement. Not all eggs are equal so you might not get enough moisture. I have decided that the next time I make it, I am going to weigh the whites and keep track of what amount works best.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%