No Fail Sugar Cookies And Freezing.

Baking By HalifaxMommy Updated 17 Nov 2012 , 9:15pm by crumbcake

HalifaxMommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HalifaxMommy Posted 12 Sep 2012 , 6:40pm
post #1 of 6

I am hosting a baby shower for a coworker September 24. I am making the cake but I want to make onesie cookies as favors. I am going to attempt the No Fail Sugar Cookies but I want to make them this weekend and freeze them and do the finishing touches next week. Do these freeze ok and do they taste decent post thawing. [/i]

5 replies
lcubed83 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lcubed83 Posted 13 Sep 2012 , 2:29am
post #2 of 6

I have iced and frozen before. It does work and tastes OK. Sometimes when thawing the icing will smear or discolor in spots from the "sweating".
The best work-ahead would be to bake the cookies, freeze them, then thaw and do all the icing/decorating after they have come to room temp again.

crumbcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crumbcake Posted 17 Nov 2012 , 4:00am
post #3 of 6

I have a similar question,  I make fondant covered cookies,  should I cut them out, freeze unbaked, then bake frozen another day, then cover in fondant.  Want to do this on Monday=Tuesday and then bag them in cello bags and on Saturday serve them.  Will this work?

modthyrth Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
modthyrth Posted 17 Nov 2012 , 7:50pm
post #4 of 6

I always freeze my NFSC ahead of time--but at the unbaked stage.  I bake them straight from the freezer and they keep their shapes absolutely perfectly.  And no need to chill the dough before rolling and cutting the shapes!

Sugar cookies really last a long time, though, just packaged up and on the counter.  At least with royal icing, they do.  If you're using fondant the icing might get unpleasantly dry.  

Serena4016 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Serena4016 Posted 17 Nov 2012 , 9:13pm
post #5 of 6

I just recently baked NFSC and froze them for about a month, undecorated. They tasted fine!

crumbcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crumbcake Posted 17 Nov 2012 , 9:15pm
post #6 of 6

AThank you gals for your reply.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%