Timing Advice

Decorating By eava Updated 8 Sep 2012 , 3:38pm by rosech

eava Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
eava Posted 8 Sep 2012 , 2:19am
post #1 of 4

I am making my first stacked cake for my daughter's birthday party and I'm trying to make sure I have enough time to get it done. I work full time so I have only a few hours after she goes to sleep to do everything. I was thinking of baking the cakes on Wednesday night, filling and frosting them on Thursday, chilling them overnight and covering them with fondant and decorating Friday night so I don't have to do anything the day of the party. I dont have the freezer space to freeze the undecorated cakes and I don't want the cake to be stale come the party. Is baking Wednesday night for Saturday too far ahead of time?

3 replies
Heather_bakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Heather_bakes Posted 8 Sep 2012 , 3:47am
post #2 of 4

it depends a lot on the recipe you use. I would try to knock a day off of that schedule if you can. I think cakes last really well iced and covered in fondant but you plan to leave it 24 hours without icing or fondant. If you can I would bake Thursday night, wrap in it saran wrap on Friday morning and then ice and decorate Friday night. If not, at least wrap it up on Thursday morning.

julzs71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julzs71 Posted 8 Sep 2012 , 5:55am
post #3 of 4

I thimk it's fine. My cakes get better with time.

rosech Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rosech Posted 8 Sep 2012 , 3:38pm
post #4 of 4

Wednesday will be fine. As long as u wrap when cool.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%