What Should I Use To Make This Image?

Decorating By Cakey Updated 6 Sep 2012 , 11:30am by Cakey

Cakey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakey Posted 5 Sep 2012 , 5:35pm
post #1 of 5

I was thinking I'd make a royal icing plaque for this image, but then maybe the details in the face would get lost because the total height for the whole image is only 10 inches and the face ends up being pretty small. So should I do color flow or gumpaste (just cutting out pieces and layering them) and then use a food writer to draw the details in the face? I don't have an edible image printer or access to one. Any ideas, suggestions?

4 replies
icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 5 Sep 2012 , 11:54pm
post #2 of 5

Can you take it to one of your grocery stores. I have done that before i got an edible image printer. Thats a lot of work(r/i or fondant)

Addictive_desserts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Addictive_desserts Posted 6 Sep 2012 , 12:19am
post #3 of 5

I agree I would do it As an edible image!

Anne1017 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Anne1017 Posted 6 Sep 2012 , 1:21am
post #4 of 5

I would layer gumpaste and hand paint in the detail with a fine brush and a mix of food coloring and vodka

Cakey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakey Posted 6 Sep 2012 , 11:30am
post #5 of 5

I think I'm going to cut out the background and just do the character as a FBCT. It's not due until Saturday so I'll try that tonight and if that fails I'll go to the grocery store and do the edible image. Thanks for your suggestions! I hadn't thought of going to the grocery store to get an edible image. And I tried doing the face in gumpaste yesterday and painting on the details, but I'm not accurate enough for it to look good.

Quote by @%username% on %date%