Who's Up And Wants To Help Keep Me Awake?

Lounge By aundrea Updated 26 Aug 2012 , 11:38am by Chellescakes

aundrea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aundrea Posted 26 Aug 2012 , 8:32am
post #1 of 4

i am so tired and feel like i could literally all asleep working on this cake & cupcakes.
ive had such a busy week with baking for my grandaughters pre-school graduation. plus having her grad party cook out at my house today.
and now working on this cake/cupcakes order for a friend.
i honestly dont know how you pro's do it!
i wish i could drink coffee (allergic to caffine)
my body seriously hurts. not to mention my brain.
guess i needed a break and just venting!

3 replies
Bluehue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bluehue Posted 26 Aug 2012 , 9:46am
post #2 of 4

I hear yiu.....

Had a wedding yesterday morning... so started making the Sponge Cupcakes at 9.15 friday night - then worked through till 5.15am in the morning so as everything was fresh for the reception

Its tiring for sure - but the end result is well worth it.
I only had a small order 60 cupcakes plus the Cutting Cake... but when you want everything to be perfect ............. this is what we do.

I deliveredd the cakes at 10.30am - set up the table - did the flowers for the signing table - took my photos - then after leaving shot off to the shops - home again to put shopping away - then a quick whip around with the wand to make the house sparkle - greeted visitors - fed them - waved goodbye - then another quick shower - and got ready to go out for dinner.
Home at 11.30pm - by this time i was so wound up - so sat with DH and chatted - fell into bed at 12.15 - then up again bright and early at 7.00 as we had friends coming over for Breakfast............... then more friends dropped in at 2pm - fed and watered them....here it is 5.40 Sunday late afternoon and i can give you the nod - we are going out for Japanese tonight - my kitchen is closed lollllllllllllllll

Stop for 10 minutes - go outside in the cooler night air - have a drink of water - that 10 minute break can make a difference.....

Blue will be in bed early tonight.............. and sleep like a log thats for sure icon_smile.gifthumbs_up.gif .......... after i prep for tomorrow.
When it all starts over again.

Bluehue

aundrea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aundrea Posted 26 Aug 2012 , 10:04am
post #3 of 4

wow! that was exhausting just to read what you've done.
i cant wait until he picks up this order so i can go to sleep!! i plan on sleeping the day away.
im just hoping to get it all done.
im in slow mode and need to kick it up!

Chellescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chellescakes Posted 26 Aug 2012 , 11:38am
post #4 of 4

Hi Aundrea and Blue ,

I am still up but only just , I have just got back from out state cake decorating conference and I have all things sugar running around my head.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%