Need Help In Creating Chocolate Cigars

Decorating By imrellik

imrellik Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imrellik Posted 20 Aug 2012 , 1:05pm
post #1 of 1

Hi Ive never made chocolate cigars before and have zero knowledge about it. Ive downloaded a video from youtube its 2 parts video showing how to create cigars. When watching the video everything seems so easy but after 4 to 5 disappointing efforts I was only able to make just 4/5 cigars.
Now it seems clear that Im doing something wrong therefore here are my doubts.
1.  Which kind of chocolate should one use when making cigars, the compound the one having vegetable oil which doesnt require tampering or the other with cocoa butter which requires tampering?
2.  When spreading the chocolate with palette knife on the marble table should I keep the chocolate thin layer or the layer of chocolate needs to be thick, if thick then how thick?
3.  After spreading the chocolate and cleaning the edges how much time should I wait so that the chocolate gets ready for cigars and doesnt stick to the cigars palette knife?
4.  Is there any angle my cigars palette knife should be when making cigars, if yes then whats the angle?
5.  How much distance should I leave, when I insert the cigars palette knife to create cigars e.g. 1 inch?
6.  How should be my hand movement i.e. Fast/Medium/Slow and how much pressure should I apply when making chocolate cigars?
I hope somebody who has good knowledge in making chocolate cigars can help me clear my doubts; Im also attaching the picture of chocolate cigars I made for your reference.

Thanks
LL

0 replies

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%