Small Sitting Spongebob Cake

Decorating By emma_123 Updated 18 Aug 2012 , 3:38am by msthang1224

emma_123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emma_123 Posted 17 Aug 2012 , 7:06am
post #1 of 2

Hello I was wondering if anybody could help as my sister-in-law has asked if I could make a Spongebob Squarepants cake (where he is sitting up not lying flat) for my brother's birthday and I can't quite figure out the best way to do it, She only wants a small cake as they are seeing a few friends not having a big do and all the tutorials I've seen have been for big cakes like two 10" cakes or for big sheet cakes (I'm in the UK so we don't really have sheet cakes either). I suggested something like an 8 inch square might be good and she said that's fine as it'll give them enough for lots leftover for them both but now I'm stuck - I think just baking an 8 inch square 3 inch high cake isn't going to be right but can't figure out what to do. I have the Silverwood multisize cake tin so can bake the cake in a rectangle or a square, if that helps at all. Oh and what kind of support would I need in there too? I keep seeing about putting a support all the way through the cake but here in the UK we use silver covered cake boards for inbetween cakes and I'm not sure how I'd get a hole in that?

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I need to start baking tomorrow at the latest! Thank you!

1 reply
msthang1224 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msthang1224 Posted 18 Aug 2012 , 3:38am
post #2 of 2

Hi emma

I PM'ed you.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%