Im So Confused!!!

Decorating By LauraLoukaides Updated 16 Aug 2012 , 12:07pm by AAtKT

LauraLoukaides Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LauraLoukaides Posted 16 Aug 2012 , 11:56am
post #1 of 2

Okay, I need to know something because it's really bugging me and I just need some help.

I watch a-lot of cake tv shows to give me some tips on cakes, but one thing i keep seeing that's really confusing me is the butter-cream stuff they use before they put the fondant over the top. Is it butter-cream? or is it something else, because it looks white and almost like fresh cream, and it doesn't move!, that's what's confusing me. and when they put the cake on-top of the cream the cream doesnt even move, it just stays there..

Every time I use butter-cream inside and around a cake it squirts out the edge, so i have to put less inside the cake. I just don't know what they use, is it something special?, or is it a royal icing or something...

Please help, Thank you xx icon_cry.gif

1 reply
AAtKT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AAtKT Posted 16 Aug 2012 , 12:07pm
post #2 of 2

They are more than likely using some form of buttercream... there are different varieties... Also, they are likely using a dam (very stiff buttercream) around the inner edge between the two layers...

Maybe your buttercream is too thin and needs to be thickened up... try using less liquid... That may help...

Quote by @%username% on %date%