Instructional Videos

Decorating By TraciJ Updated 19 Sep 2005 , 11:52pm by Rookie68

TraciJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TraciJ Posted 14 Sep 2005 , 3:38pm
post #1 of 4

For those of you who have bought instructional videos what one (or two) would you absolutely recommend for someone with intermediate skills? I'd like to get more proficient in gumpaste/fondant decorations. There's so much out there and I'd like to get that "WOW!" effect, ya know?

Traci

3 replies
justsweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justsweet Posted 15 Sep 2005 , 2:50am
post #2 of 4

Here is a link from nicholas lodge is has dvd or vhs for you to buy.

He has a few good one, I am thinking about buying some. The one I want is bows, drapes, tassles and ropes. I also thinking about gumpaste bugs dvd from him too. Take a look.

http://www.internationalsugarart.com/cgi-bin/store/shop.cgi?c=a_books_videos.htm

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 18 Sep 2005 , 5:54am
post #3 of 4

I can recommend one NOT to buy! It is sold on eBay and is supposed to show you how to make your own wedding cake. They stress that it is 72 minutes long, but at least 20 of that could be cut out and/or used to much better advantage! She spends way too much time mixing a cake with an old (I'm talking antique) mixer that doesn't even work all the time...then she does the same thing with mixing icing! I'm thinking if you don't know how to mix a cake and make icing...what the heck are you doing trying to make your own wedding cake?

IMHO the videography is awful (the baker wears a white shirt/top, and makes white cakes so you can imagine what that does to the lighting!

They did give me my money back though! Just a little FYI in case you run across the video. Janice

Rookie68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rookie68 Posted 19 Sep 2005 , 11:52pm
post #4 of 4

Hi!

I have 2 Nicholas Lodge's tapes I won on ebay..(bows, drapes, tassles and ropes & decorating with gumpaste) that I would recommend to anyone. So easy step by step instructions.

HTH!
Peggy

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%