Leaving Ganache Out

Decorating By ChocolateLove Updated 4 Aug 2012 , 11:43pm by ChocolateLove

ChocolateLove Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ChocolateLove Posted 4 Aug 2012 , 6:10am
post #1 of 9

Hi
If I make a fondant cake with Ganache underneath, Can I make it a day before and leave it out or are there any special precautions I should take?

I would appreciate all answers, thanks in advance!

8 replies
Addictive_desserts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Addictive_desserts Posted 4 Aug 2012 , 10:19am
post #2 of 9

Ganache is fine out As long as the cream is boiled when made!

Chellescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chellescakes Posted 4 Aug 2012 , 10:27am
post #3 of 9

yep it actually better if it is let to set up . I never put mine in the fridge and they last a couple of weeks out of the fridge once they are covered as well.

Bluehue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bluehue Posted 4 Aug 2012 , 11:15am
post #4 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chellescakes

yep it actually better if it is let to set up . I never put mine in the fridge and they last a couple of weeks out of the fridge once they are covered as well.

What Chelle said thumbs_up.gif

ChocolateLove Posted 4 Aug 2012 , 3:27pm
post #5 of 9

thanks both of you! that helps! icon_smile.gif I will be making the cake with certainty now.

Pam1976 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pam1976 Posted 4 Aug 2012 , 6:44pm
post #6 of 9

I just made my first ganache/fondant covered cake! It was so delish! I made my ganache on Thursday and let it sit out for 24 hours at room temp. The next day I covered my cake with ganache and left it at room temp for another 24 hours. Last night I covered the cake in fondant at served it today to the guinea pigs at work and it was a hit! I used WASC cake filled with vanilla buttercream covered in dark chocolate ganche and Fondx fondant! YUM!!
LL

ChocolateLove Posted 4 Aug 2012 , 6:52pm
post #7 of 9

Pam1976: Your a tremendous help! Thats exactly the answer I was looking for! and thanks for sharing the picture, I have never made a fondant cake with ganache under, so I was wondering how it will look! icon_smile.gif

Pam1976 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pam1976 Posted 4 Aug 2012 , 7:22pm
post #8 of 9

ChocolateLove, I am so glad that I was able to help! It is so super easy and you can make your ganache layer as thick as you want it, just pop it in the fridge for a few minutes and then keep adding layers!

ChocolateLove Posted 4 Aug 2012 , 11:43pm
post #9 of 9

thanks for the tip, I was just going to let it sit out and apply it as a BC, like someone suggested, but will try whatever works at the moment!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%