Help With Sugar Veil!!!

Decorating By pastrymaniac Updated 4 Aug 2012 , 6:55am by sweettreat101

pastrymaniac Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pastrymaniac Posted 3 Aug 2012 , 2:04pm
post #1 of 3

I bought Sugar Veil to use as a Cake Decorator .

Nevertheless I am having some difficulties with it and would like some urgent advice! Please, anyone?! [/b
]I managed against all odds to colour it black with paste food colour and create a wonderful black lace fabric, however I just cannot seem to get it right with the white version. I do not know what I am doing wrong. I am following the pack instructions and I have tried already 4 times and the lace just breaks in little pieces, gets sticky and crumbly, even drying overnight (I also tried waiting for three hours or so since it is really warm and humid here right now) and I can´t get lace.

Am I overbeating it with my stand mixer or not beating it enough, should I add a bit more of water? Could someone please help me with this matter? Anyone with a similar experience?

Regards

Sara

2 replies
AZCouture Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AZCouture Posted 3 Aug 2012 , 7:15pm
post #2 of 3

Are you adjusting the amount of liquid you add to compensate for the black color you are adding?

sweettreat101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettreat101 Posted 4 Aug 2012 , 6:55am
post #3 of 3

Did you try drying it in the oven on a low temp like they tell you to do? I just ordered some this week and I am hoping it is as easy as they say it is to work with. I want to make a silicone mold using a piece of lace and try to duplicate the lace using Sugarveil.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%