Help!!!!!

Decorating By shanienee Updated 29 Jul 2012 , 4:54am by debidehm

shanienee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanienee Posted 29 Jul 2012 , 4:01am
post #1 of 3

Okay. I had a customer contact me for a cake. With my work schedule last week, I was unable to get back to her until Saturday. She needs a cake for Tuesday.
Her twins (girl and boy) are turning 21. She totally and completely trusts me, so I can design pretty much anything.
We did decide on the Yin/Yang cake (I will be using the paisley [teardrop] cake pans). One side will be the Dallas Cowboys colors with drums (her son plays the drums). The other half will be for her daughter, with a guitar and music notes. Color doesn't matter.
Dilemma.....Should I attempt to make the guitar and drums out of fondant and rice crispy treats, or should I use an edible image. I have 48 hours to have this cake finished and delivered. I will be baking all evening on Sunday and decorating on Monday.
Also, how much should I charge for this cake. I don't want to overcharge. The cake will need to serve 25 people total.
Thanks for all input in advance and any tips are appreciated.

2 replies
auntginn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntginn Posted 29 Jul 2012 , 4:32am
post #2 of 3

I would say to save time use the frosting sheets. Your kind of short of time. But if your looking for something to pop you might want to try modeling chocolate instead. RKT will probably take up more time.

What do you usually charge for your work and embellshments? Also I would consider this a last minute or rush job which means I would charge a little extra.

In my area I can get $3.50 - $4.50 per slice. What about yours?

debidehm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debidehm Posted 29 Jul 2012 , 4:54am
post #3 of 3

For the son's, why not do his side a drum (make the cake look like a paisley shaped drum) in the colors you mentioned? That might be fun! Maybe you can do something like that for the girls side as well...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%