Fudge Icing Recipe?

Baking By Annabakescakes Updated 8 Aug 2012 , 12:10am by Pearl645

Annabakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annabakescakes Posted 26 Jul 2012 , 7:47am
post #1 of 11

Like the stuff that makes your teeth hurt, from the grocery store. SUPER fudgey, thick and gooey and mouth coating, and so yummy you want to lick the plate.Dark, like brownie batter... So rich you need an entire glass of milk even if you hate milk? I need it, I almost bought a cake from the refrigerated case at the grocery store tonight, a huge 8" or 9" with 3 layers for $10 icon_eek.gif I would give my 5th born child, or my husband for a recipe right now...

10 replies
cm756 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cm756 Posted 26 Jul 2012 , 10:23am
post #2 of 11

check out crumbboss.com She has a couple of recipes for fudge icing. Very good and chocolatey.

Relznik Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Relznik Posted 26 Jul 2012 , 11:46am
post #3 of 11

I've made this and it's lovely!!! (not the cake bit, just the frosting)

http://www.deliaonline.com/recipes/type-of-dish/vegetarian-food/chocolate-fudge-cake.html

Suzanne x

Annabakescakes Posted 26 Jul 2012 , 5:44pm
post #4 of 11

Thanks for the recipes! I will try them tomorrow, I kicked my craving with some Lindor truffles, and homemade chocolate chip cookies, so I'm good for a bit. But I still have that gnawing want for that fudgey icing....

poohsmomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poohsmomma Posted 26 Jul 2012 , 9:54pm
post #5 of 11

Have you tried the recipe on the back of the Hershey's Cocoa can....pretty rich and yummy. I keep it in the leftovers in the fridge and eat it with a spoon....think I'll go get a bite now.

Annabakescakes Posted 26 Jul 2012 , 11:06pm
post #6 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohsmomma

Have you tried the recipe on the back of the Hershey's Cocoa can....pretty rich and yummy. I keep it in the leftovers in the fridge and eat it with a spoon....think I'll go get a bite now.

You know, I never have. It's on the can of syrup? I can't remember the last time I bought a can, but it must've been at least 10 years ago!

sweettreat101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettreat101 Posted 27 Jul 2012 , 5:15am
post #7 of 11

I love this one. I still want to try it with chocolate liquor instead of the milk. Yummy! http://allrecipes.com/PersonalRecipe/62911369/Decadent-Chocolate-Fudge-Buttercream-Frosting/Detail.aspx

poohsmomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poohsmomma Posted 27 Jul 2012 , 12:25pm
post #8 of 11

Annabakescakes, the recipe is on the powdered cocoa can.

ddaigle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ddaigle Posted 27 Jul 2012 , 12:38pm
post #9 of 11

Buddy's from "CakeBoss" is online somewhere. I printed it up but haven't made it yet. It's got the word Fudge in the title. It's made with all butter.

I made a Kahlua Buttercream --(available online) and it was all butter and very dark/chocolatey/fudgey. Could look at that minus the kahlua---or add it!

Annabakescakes Posted 7 Aug 2012 , 9:39pm
post #10 of 11

So, I tried Hershy's, since I had all the ingredients. It was really super delicious! The problem I had with it is, it's really gritty due to the powdered sugar. I will try one of the other ones tonight or tomorrow and report back! I am looking for a much smoother recipe, and I think doubling the butter would've made it better.

Pearl645 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pearl645 Posted 8 Aug 2012 , 12:10am
post #11 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annabakescakes

So, I tried Hershy's, since I had all the ingredients. It was really super delicious! The problem I had with it is, it's really gritty due to the powdered sugar. I will try one of the other ones tonight or tomorrow and report back! I am looking for a much smoother recipe, and I think doubling the butter would've made it better.

Agreed. I made it once and it really is tasty but gritty.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%