Please I Need The Recipe For Cherry Custard Cake Filling.

Decorating By paloma215 Updated 26 Jul 2012 , 12:54pm by dawnybird

paloma215 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
paloma215 Posted 16 Jul 2012 , 1:00am
post #1 of 6

icon_sad.gif Does anyone have the recipe for Cherry Custard Cake Filling a good one Please.......and thank you.....

5 replies
paloma215 Posted 21 Jul 2012 , 11:40am
post #2 of 6

Thanks to my friends to share this wonderfull recipe...

Cherry Cream Custard Cake Filling
I took a very small saucepan, filled it with water, and topped it off with one of my cake pans (a metal one)!
Now to make the custard, youre going to need:
3/4 C. Sugar
5 Tbsp. Flour
1/4 tsp. Salt
2 C. Milk, scalding hot
2 Eggs, beaten
1 tsp. Vanilla 2C.of Cherry (use the ons for pie filling)

Mix the sugar, flour and salt together in a double boiler and add the hot milk gradually, stirring constantly. Cook until mixture thickens. Pour a small amount over the eggs and mix thoroughly.
Please dont disregard this important step! It will ruin your cream custard filling! You have to TEMPER the eggs this way so that you wont be dumping cold eggs into hot custard. If that happens, the eggs will cook immediately instead of gradually like theyre supposed to.
Once youve mixed thoroughly, add the mixture to the custard and cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
Allow it to cool on your fancy pants cooling rack.
Once cool, add the vanilla and the 2 cans of cherry. I found when adding the vanilla in and stirring to mix it in completely, the custard wasnt as thick as I wanted it to be. I threw back on my awesome double broiler and cooked it a little longer (about two minutes), let it cool again, and I was happy!
Its SO sweet and wonderful! You can use it to put between cake layers. You can use it to fill creme puffs.
Or you can just eat it.
icon_biggrin.gifthumbs_up.gif

BakingIrene Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakingIrene Posted 22 Jul 2012 , 7:13pm
post #3 of 6

But you will have to refrigerate any cake filled with this stuff all the time.

dawnybird Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dawnybird Posted 22 Jul 2012 , 10:12pm
post #4 of 6

paloma215,
I'm not sure whether you mean 2 cans or 2 cups cherry. And do you mean cherry pie filling or the canned cherries that you would use to make your own filling? Sorry to be so stupid!

paloma215 Posted 25 Jul 2012 , 11:05pm
post #5 of 6

Hi dawnybird
2cans of cherry pie filling or topping and no dont call yourself stupid was my fault I have to be more specific.... Sorry about that...

And

Hi BakingIrene
yes this cake you should refrigerate at least 2 hours and believe me as soon you would put it on the table and they start tasting the cake it would be gone ASAP... just be ready to make more... it happen to me already and now they want more... thanks.. icon_biggrin.gif

dawnybird Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dawnybird Posted 26 Jul 2012 , 12:54pm
post #6 of 6

Thanks for clarifying that measurement for me! The recipe sounds yummy!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%