Cameo Cutter Help Please

Decorating By bluedaisies Updated 15 Jul 2012 , 3:50pm by bluedaisies

bluedaisies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bluedaisies Posted 15 Jul 2012 , 1:47pm
post #1 of 7

I purchased a Cameo several months ago, and I have yet to get it to work right. It always just destroys my gum paste. I use both Make the Cut and the free version of the Silhouette software. What settings do you use that works? I use Satin Ice gumpaste and a pasta roller to roll it out. Any tricks/tips that you have found to work are greatly appreciated!! I've contacted the lady that put the set together for cakes, but her only suggestion was to use her recipe for gumpaste. I don't want to do this because I'm afraid it will kill my mixer to make it, and I can't afford to buy another just yet.

6 replies
tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 15 Jul 2012 , 2:08pm
post #2 of 7

I have used Linda's recipe along with her instructions and they work perfectly. I've also added tylose to wilton fondant and had good luck. The KEY is following Linda's instructions to the "t". If you don't let it set up as she suggest you chances of getting clean cuts are next to impossible. I've also used premium frosting sheets from icingimages with great success.

bluedaisies Posted 15 Jul 2012 , 2:11pm
post #3 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggy2

I have used Linda's recipe along with her instructions and they work perfectly. I've also added tylose to wilton fondant and had good luck. The KEY is following Linda's instructions to the "t". If you don't let it set up as she suggest you chances of getting clean cuts are next to impossible. I've also used premium frosting sheets from icingimages with great success.

I haven't tried the icing sheets yet.. I have some of those. I'll have to try that. Thank you!

tiggy2 Posted 15 Jul 2012 , 2:14pm
post #4 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedaisies

Quote:

I haven't tried the icing sheets yet.. I have some of those. I'll have to try that. Thank you!

The brand of icing sheets makes a difference (ask me how I know) so if they are another brand you may not have success either.

bluedaisies Posted 15 Jul 2012 , 2:22pm
post #5 of 7
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedaisies

Quote:

The brand of icing sheets makes a difference (ask me how I know) so if they are another brand you may not have success either.

They are the Icing Images premium sheets. I do have a couple of Wiltons that I received as gifts.

tiggy2 Posted 15 Jul 2012 , 2:37pm
post #6 of 7

I leave them on the backing and trim a little of the frosting sheet off each side then tape the backing to the cutting mat (tape all the way down each side).

bluedaisies Posted 15 Jul 2012 , 3:50pm
post #7 of 7
Quote:

I leave them on the backing and trim a little of the frosting sheet off each side then tape the backing to the cutting mat (tape all the way down each side).

Thank you for the tips! I'm definitely going to be trying this!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%