How To Organize And Set Up A Shop?

Business By ZooeyCakes Updated 17 Jul 2012 , 2:42am by LoveMeSomeCake615

ZooeyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ZooeyCakes Posted 15 Jul 2012 , 2:01am
post #1 of 7

Ok so I can make a cake but I stink at organizing and setting up a shop. I have an old one bedroom apartment turned bakery. It has a huge bathroom with washer/ dryer set up to clean my uniforms and such. A small kitchen not set up yet (need your tips), A living room/consultation room, and a bedroom that has huge storefront type of windows. Any and all tips and tricks are wanted.

6 replies
FromScratchSF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratchSF Posted 15 Jul 2012 , 2:14am
post #2 of 7

Put the couch under the window, get a white book case and make sure you get a tea towel with chickens on them icon_biggrin.gif

Seriously, I'm not sure how you expect people to answer this question. We have no idea what cakes you make, what volume, what type of equipment you have, what furniture,... nothing. And even so, I'm not sure how random internet people can help you... but if they can I'm all ears because my apartment is a train wreck of stuff all over the place. I could really use someone to organize my condo for me! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 15 Jul 2012 , 4:32am
post #3 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZooeyCakes

....a bedroom that has huge storefront type of windows.

Hollywood lights or rope lights around the storefront window to highlight display dummies and draw attention, and professional sign-painted logo on the glass.

sfandm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sfandm Posted 15 Jul 2012 , 5:20pm
post #4 of 7

I have all the Cupcake Wars episodes taped, I start watching each one, and pause so I can get a good look at each contestants areas, it has helped me some in decor ideas and I chose my color scheme and boxes this way. I even ordered the right color boxes and made my own aprons, staytionary and business cards and such to match the color scheme. It has worked well for me.

Just my 2 cents.

Sonya

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 16 Jul 2012 , 7:13am
post #5 of 7

I use google images for everything. Each time you re-word a phrase, more images pop up.

shanter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanter Posted 16 Jul 2012 , 6:26pm
post #6 of 7

scp1127,
I'm right there with you in Google Images. Love it!!!

LoveMeSomeCake615 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LoveMeSomeCake615 Posted 17 Jul 2012 , 2:42am
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by scp1127

I use google images for everything. Each time you re-word a phrase, more images pop up.

Totally agree, Google images is awesome! When we were working on planning the decor and layout of our storefront, we used Google images to look up all kinds of things, from general bakery decor to color swatches and everything in between. Once you get started searching, it kind of works like brainstorming and leads you think of more ways to search for what you need. HTH!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%