Are These "candy Clay" Ruffles???

Decorating By CarolLee Updated 14 Jul 2012 , 4:22pm by bethola

CarolLee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CarolLee Posted 14 Jul 2012 , 3:36pm
post #1 of 3

I would so appreciate anyone's input who may know if these can be accomplished with candy clay!! I have a cake coming up with this request. I'm not at all experienced with ruffles.....


2 replies
cakeyouverymuch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeyouverymuch Posted 14 Jul 2012 , 4:19pm
post #2 of 3

I'm pretty sure they're done with fondant, but they could easily be done with candy clay or even a mix of candy clay and fondant. The "ruffles" are made of individual circles of whatever product using a technique something like this but without frilling the edges or attaching wires, and leaving them more open:

Good luck and HTH.

bethola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bethola Posted 14 Jul 2012 , 4:22pm
post #3 of 3

Well, "I" think they can be done with Candy Clay. But, I like working with Candy Clay more than I do fondant. However, depending on your weather conditions and venue you may want to consider using fondant. In certain conditions the "clay" will soften and your ruffles won't be as "crisp" as they would be with fondant.

Quote by @%username% on %date%