Embossing Roll Pin Question

Decorating By RoseBonbon Updated 11 Aug 2012 , 4:52am by shanter

RoseBonbon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RoseBonbon Posted 13 Jul 2012 , 7:10am
post #1 of 8

hello bakers i need your help please
i have to prepare for a buffet party and to bake + decorate the cake
i had the cake decoration in my mind, i have an embossing rolling pin i usually use for bows but i want to embose the hol cake
my question for you is the following:
if i imprint the fondant before putting it on the cake will the design fade when smoothing it and setteling it on the cake?

please help me icon_redface.gif

7 replies
Chellescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chellescakes Posted 13 Jul 2012 , 7:42am
post #2 of 8

yes it will fade when you smooth it , I find you have to be very exact when you cover with a patterned fondant , it has to go on exactly with no room for error or much smoothing.

RoseBonbon Posted 13 Jul 2012 , 7:57am
post #3 of 8

thank you for replying i think i will pass this idea and search for another design

shanter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanter Posted 13 Jul 2012 , 8:41pm
post #4 of 8

For a round cake, instead of putting the large piece of fondant over the cake and smoothing down, you could try this: Roll out and trim down to a piece that measures the height of the cake/tier by the circumference. That you could fit around the cake without too much stretching. Then roll out and trim down to a circle the size of the cake top and place that on top. Then you would have to find a solution for where they join - piping? crimping?

It's an idea.

Tjensen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tjensen Posted 13 Jul 2012 , 8:50pm
post #5 of 8

I had watched this video earlier and thought it may help you. She uses a mat (which I use) but regardless it's worth watching.

RoseBonbon Posted 16 Jul 2012 , 6:00am
post #6 of 8

thank you for your repkly dear i will try putting fondant in two pieces someday i want to see if it works for me

about the mat i'm new at this and i thaught that the mat and the rolling pin do the same work wish isn't the case icon_confused.gif
and when i decid to use it on the hole cake i coudn't find out how to do it

thank you for replying you save me from a lot of trouble

and Tjensen the video is defently worth watching

shanter Posted 16 Jul 2012 , 3:29pm
post #7 of 8

Rose,
If you try the two-piece method, please let us know how it worked out.

shanter Posted 11 Aug 2012 , 4:52am
post #8 of 8

If you go to this Amazon page:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/1589236696/?tag=cakecentral-20+Modeling+for+Cake+Decorators
and use the "Look inside" feature you can scroll down to a demonstration of someone using the 2-piece method with textured green fondant.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%