Help: Wedding Cookie Recipe Needed

Baking By Cakesbykayek Updated 29 Aug 2012 , 2:20pm by Gina_B

Cakesbykayek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakesbykayek Posted 5 Jul 2012 , 1:15am
post #1 of 9

Hi.
I have found a picture of a Wedding cookie I want to make for my daughters wedding but I would love to have your opinions/ideas on what kind of recipe for the cookie would be best for Look and FLAVOR!
icon_biggrin.gif I'm attaching a picture of the cookie I am talking about (They are stacked to look like a little wedding cake...so adorable!

Thanks,
KayeK
LL

8 replies
msulli10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msulli10 Posted 5 Jul 2012 , 1:50am
post #2 of 9

The No Fail Sugar Cookie (NFSC) recipe is a really good one. I usually add both vanilla and almond flavoring, but you could also add lemon. Sugarbelle has a great blog with some other flavors that you might want to try.

Cakesbykayek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakesbykayek Posted 5 Jul 2012 , 2:38am
post #3 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by msulli10

The No Fail Sugar Cookie (NFSC) recipe is a really good one. I usually add both vanilla and almond flavoring, but you could also add lemon. Sugarbelle has a great blog with some other flavors that you might want to try.

Where do I find the Sugarbelle blog at? Is it here on CC or what?
Thanks for the tip about the NFSC and flavorings too!

MadMillie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MadMillie Posted 5 Jul 2012 , 3:13am
post #4 of 9
MariaK38 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MariaK38 Posted 5 Jul 2012 , 7:02pm
post #5 of 9

beautiful! here's the recipe I use...
http://lilaloa.blogspot.com/2012/04/vanilla-variation.html

She also has a chocolate one that tastes like a brownie... so good! They're both great tasting cookies that don't spread.

ibeeflower Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ibeeflower Posted 5 Jul 2012 , 7:30pm
post #6 of 9

Sweetopia also did this for favors for her brother's wedding.

http://sweetopia.net/2012/04/wedding-cookie-cakes/

Sugarbelle is great too though. The only thing is that you will need to make A LOT of cookies especially if there are a lot of guests. Post a pic if you do this! I think these are so cute.

msulli10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msulli10 Posted 5 Jul 2012 , 7:52pm
post #7 of 9

The NFSC recipe is on this site. Go to recipes and search for No Fail Sugar Cookie.

pinkroses720 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinkroses720 Posted 29 Aug 2012 , 12:06am
post #8 of 9

those are so cute

Gina_B Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gina_B Posted 29 Aug 2012 , 2:20pm
post #9 of 9

I put a twist on the NFSC by adding 1/4 tsp of cardamom and orange zest (it was to taste so I can't give an exact measurement) and they were a HUGE HIT. I also used two pods of vanilla beans which sent the flavors over the top.

One note on the beans, I paid $13 in Whole Foods for 2 beans (!!!!!!) when on ebay I got 30 for $11 incl free shipping.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%