Edible Printer

Decorating By kimmills34 Updated 16 Mar 2013 , 4:07am by icingimages

kimmills34 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimmills34 Posted 3 Jul 2012 , 8:43am
post #1 of 11

Can someone tell me what printer is best used for edible images. Im looking to but one and not sure what to buy..

icon_rolleyes.gif

10 replies
CarolWI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CarolWI Posted 3 Jul 2012 , 10:20am
post #2 of 11

I've had good luck with my Canon IP3600 and it's fairly inexpensive. I think you can get a good deal on Amazon.

maggie1965 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maggie1965 Posted 3 Jul 2012 , 1:11pm
post #3 of 11

I use the canonip3600 aswell, and it has never stopped since my hubby bought it for me. i can definately reccomend it xx

kimmills34 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimmills34 Posted 3 Jul 2012 , 4:39pm
post #4 of 11

Thanks for the Info Girls, im going to look at the Cannon ip 3600 thumbs_up.gif

icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 22 Jul 2012 , 8:54pm
post #5 of 11

That is a great printer. We have beens selling it for a while now and my customers have had great success!

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 23 Jul 2012 , 12:44am
post #6 of 11

Yep, I can echo the crowd on that one!

akaivyleaf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
akaivyleaf Posted 23 Jul 2012 , 1:04pm
post #7 of 11

I'm in the Canon family with a Pixma MG5320

kareburr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kareburr Posted 11 Mar 2013 , 10:41pm
post #8 of 11

Tell me is the MG5320 as easy to use as the ip3600?

kareburr Posted 13 Mar 2013 , 2:15pm
post #9 of 11

Hello Everyone,

Thank you for your input. I looked high and low for a IP3600 and could not find one. But, I picked up a MG5320 at the cost of 79.00. Which I need to purchase supplies for. So my question is:

1. Should I get refillable cartridges?

2. Are refillable cartridges cheaper and where should I buy from, what would you recommend?

3. Can someone tell me the difference from different printing sheets?

4. I would like to know what is recommended to put design on cookies?

Thank you so much for your input. I am a hobby baker and is new to the edible ink world.

Kare

kareburr Posted 14 Mar 2013 , 3:01am
post #10 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by akaivyleaf 

I'm in the Canon family with a Pixma MG5320

Thank you for your input. I found one! I am just so excited to try and use it now after I buy supplies...

icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 16 Mar 2013 , 4:07am
post #11 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by kareburr 

Hello Everyone,

Thank you for your input. I looked high and low for a IP3600 and could not find one. But, I picked up a MG5320 at the cost of 79.00. Which I need to purchase supplies for. So my question is:

1. Should I get refillable cartridges?

2. Are refillable cartridges cheaper and where should I buy from, what would you recommend?

3. Can someone tell me the difference from different printing sheets?

4. I would like to know what is recommended to put design on cookies?

Thank you so much for your input. I am a hobby baker and is new to the edible ink world.

Kare

Hi Kare:

1. Refilling is a great money saver but it is not 100% full proof. It is definately worth it however. We recommend to our customers that if they refill, they always keep an extra set of cartrdiges on the shelf. We recommend refilling about 3 times and then swap out the cartridge, thats about half way through each bottle.We also recommend you follow the directions, it is easy to refill, but if you do it wrong it is messy. But purly based upon cost it is worth it for the Icing Images Brand. I cannot speak for other brands.

2. For the Icing Images brand, it is the same cartridge, there are not two seperate types of cartridges. I can tell you that our cartridges have no inner sponge which gives you more ink then standard sponged cartrdiges.  Our cartrdiges are refillable direclty in the printer as well which keeps things cleaner!

3. Icing Sheets. We sell Icing Images Premium brand and we also sell 2 other brands.  99.9 percent of the sheets that leave Icing Imagesare the  Premium Brand. The sheets run edge to edge, they feature our easy to peal backing and it is the brand that all others keep trying to copy, but cant!!! Plus they taste great and are very flexible.

4. I am not sure I understand your question. Our Premium Brand comes in cookie sizes, but are you asking about icing or designs?

I hope this helps! Be sure that no matter what brand you do choose that you use your printer regularly. We recommend once a week to two weeks, other brands require more regular prints.

Please feel free to ask any questions and I will be glad to assist you.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%