Silhouette Cameo

Decorating By jay-jay40 Updated 14 Mar 2015 , 7:54pm by icingimages

jay-jay40 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jay-jay40 Posted 26 Jun 2012 , 9:05am
post #1 of 7

hi could anyone help me i have the silhouette cameo and have just been reading that you can use it for cutting icing sheets does anyone know if the blade that comes with it will work and what setting and blade depth do you use i cannot get the cake blade her in the uk.

6 replies
linedancer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
linedancer Posted 26 Jun 2012 , 12:47pm
post #2 of 7

Yes, the blade that comes with the cameo will cut icing sheets. I have the SD and am not familiar with the cameo cut settings, but I would play around in the light to medium patterned paper range, maybe someone else could give you the exact settings. You do not want to cut through the backing.

I use my regular cutting mat to cut them on, and put scotch tape down both sides of the sheet so there is something for the wheels to run on and not scratch up the icing sheet, it can make a terrible mess. The tape never touches the cutting area, or the parts of the icing sheet you are going to use.

If you are thinking of cutting gum paste, you do need a longer blade, the one that comes with the cameo will not work. HTH

jay-jay40 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jay-jay40 Posted 26 Jun 2012 , 3:22pm
post #3 of 7

thank you ill give it a go and have a play i just wasnt sure if the blade that came with it would work as most people using the silhouette seem to have the cake blade which i carnt get in the uk thanks jay-jay40

loves2bake4six Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loves2bake4six Posted 14 Mar 2015 , 2:53pm
post #4 of 7

I found, on the Cameo, that the best settings are Blade 5, speed 3 and thickness 26.

I also have sprayed the sheets with Betty Crockers food spray to add color.

loves2bake4six Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loves2bake4six Posted 14 Mar 2015 , 2:55pm
post #5 of 7

Oh, and I used a regular cutting mat with the plastic backing from the sugar sheet attached to the mat, and a new blade that I only use for sugar sheets.

auntginn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntginn Posted 14 Mar 2015 , 3:59pm
post #6 of 7

If you have Facebook, there is a group for cakers using their SIL's   Here is the link for the group. https://www.facebook.com/groups/660396227359142/

They also suggest you buy a kit, which I have not.  here is the link for that as well.  http://www.deseretdesigns.com

Keep us posted, I need to learn how to do that with mine.  Practice I guess but its so expensive just for practice.  hahaha

icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 14 Mar 2015 , 7:54pm
post #7 of 7

Icing Images sells colored luster sheets and regular colored sheets for the electronic cutters. In addition our new wafer paper is colored and vanilla flavored so all our edible sheets taste good!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%