How To Achieve This Two-Tone Effect And Shimmer

Decorating By Pearl645 Updated 25 Jun 2012 , 12:01am by shazza666

Pearl645 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pearl645 Posted 24 Jun 2012 , 11:06pm
post #1 of 2

I got a request to combine these two cake images into one 3 tier cake. I am doing 6", 9" & 12" round cakes. Base is the blue cake, middle is the deep fuchsia cake and top is the intense paisley cake. Do you think these 3 cakes will come together well? I am just seeing a lot of patterns on the top cake and such simple leaf vines and scroll work for the 2 bottoms cakes.

How do you recommend getting those two-toned leaf vines and shimmer effects? Do you suggest painting luster dust over the dried RI? Place two RI colours side by side in the same piping bag? This is actually for a 22nd bday cake. Still amazed at what people what just for a 22nd bday. Feel like this could be a wedding cake.
LL
LL

1 reply
shazza666 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shazza666 Posted 25 Jun 2012 , 12:01am
post #2 of 2

for the 2 tone I would think this paisley is done with a cut out on gum paste or fondant and then air brushed do one color let it dry and then spray again with the additional colors, I do something like that with cut out names. You can buy a lustre spray which is great to get a shiny shimmer effect, I think Wilton even does one now

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%