You Can Freeze A Fondant Covered Cake Successfully

Decorating By kristanashley Updated 4 Jan 2016 , 3:18am by barbc

maybenot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maybenot Posted 27 Feb 2014 , 10:41pm
post #31 of 32

No real advice. Sorry.

I will not ship a cake--too expensive to take the chance, as far as I'm concerned.  Odds are that if it's destroyed in the process, no amount of "insurance" purchased will re-imburse, and in the end, the recipient is still out the cake at the moment it's needed.  The companies/bakers that ship all of the time either have custom made packaging, customized arrangements with shippers, fly with the cake, or charge enough to be able to fly to fix the cake......

barbc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
barbc Posted 4 Jan 2016 , 3:12am
post #32 of 32

I have done numerous wedding cakes and each time the bride has told me that when she took the top cake out a year later for their 1st anniversary, it was as if it had just been yesterday.  It was perfect. The cake was moist, the fondant did sweat a little, but it dried up at room temp in just a few hours.  You just need to be sure it's packaged well so flavors from the freezer don't get absorbed or it doesn't get freezer burnt.  I have usually given my brides a box to freeze it in and tell them to wrap it in plastic wrap, foil and then freezer paper. Now I can't say they've done exactly that, but, whatever they did, worked. I have used Satin-Ice, Wilton and even made my own fondant from scratch and it has always done well in the freezer. Hope this helps!

*Last edited by barbc on 4 Jan 2016 , 3:18am

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%