Mason Jar Cupcakes

Baking By cakespender Updated 21 Jun 2012 , 4:29am by cakespender

cakespender Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakespender Posted 19 Jun 2012 , 1:44am
post #1 of 7

Have any of the Farmer's Market seller's had any success or tried the cupcakes in mason jars? I'm going to try a few and see how they do, was thinking of getting the small jar and a wooden spoon and some ribbon and charge $5.00 , that's just off the top iof my head, gonna have to crunch numbers though.

6 replies
scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 19 Jun 2012 , 5:50am
post #2 of 7

Mine are $6.00. I couldn't do it for $5.00. I don't sell at Farmers markets, but do the demographics of yours support a premium product?

MimiFix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFix Posted 19 Jun 2012 , 11:26am
post #3 of 7

Every farmers' market is different so you need to find out what types of customers each market caters to. Mason jar cupcakes might sell at a high end market where shoppers are also looking for a gift.

These kinds of jarred products are gift items. Stop thinking cupcake. People who just want to buy a cupcake may not be interested in spending that much. Can you experiment and have a few in jars, but sell most of your cupcakes without?

cakespender Posted 20 Jun 2012 , 4:23am
post #4 of 7

Thanks guys, This market is in a fairly well to do area. I'm thinking of only bringing 5 the first time and see if they sell. I focus on cupcakes but it would be nice to have something special, I could see the clientele in this area paying that. I will let you know. Thanks for the replies!

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 20 Jun 2012 , 8:53am
post #5 of 7

If your license allows it, you could have a sign offering 6 in a gift box as a special order. That is how I have found that they sell best. Mine are all made to order and the gift box is very attractive. This may work for you. I have some in my refrigerator that are six months old. I can take them out to show a prospective client. A display in addition to the ones actually for sale may give you an additional selling opportunity as a gift ides vs just a cupcake sale.

Good luck and let us know how you do.

toleshed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
toleshed Posted 20 Jun 2012 , 9:17am
post #6 of 7

I have never heard of cupcakes in mason jars. Does anyone have a picture?

cakespender Posted 21 Jun 2012 , 4:29am
post #7 of 7

I googled it and hit images. I prefer the red velvet look in the jars. They look very shabby chic and country. I love the idea of showcasing it and offering a gift pack, that could work!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%