Help! My Canon Ip3600 Is Acting Up...

Decorating By FH_Cakes Updated 15 Jun 2012 , 7:25pm by tiggy2

FH_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FH_Cakes Posted 15 Jun 2012 , 3:43pm
post #1 of 4

I have had my Canon IP3600 for about 8 months now...LOVE IT! My problem now is I can't get it to print solid black. I have cleaned the print head several times and even changed out my black ink cartridges thinking maybe they were faulty...still will not print correctly. At this point I believe I need to replace the print head, my question is this....Do I just replace the print head or go ahead and buy the entire printer since it's only $80? What are your suggestions?

3 replies
tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 15 Jun 2012 , 6:51pm
post #2 of 4

Did you take the print head out and clean it with hot water and steam or just do a print head clean with the printer software?

BakingIrene Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakingIrene Posted 15 Jun 2012 , 6:58pm
post #3 of 4

Replacing the print head will cost you more than a new printer (which will also have a fresh warranty).

You can clean the print head in place using soapy water. Look online for a video to show you the details for your printer.

Then take out all the cartridges put some paper towel under the print head. Use a syringe with warm water+dish soap. Then use a fresh paper towel and clear water.

The other thing that you need to do is google online for your printer and DIY maintenance..because you are certainly not the first person who had this issue.

If all else fails, return the printer if you still have the original sales receipt--it should have come with a one year warranty...just remember to install the OEM ink cartridges first.

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 15 Jun 2012 , 7:25pm
post #4 of 4

I've never cleaned mine in place nor have I used soap. If running hot water through it doesn't work a steamer probably will. Debbie at icingimages may also be able to help you, try giving her a call or check out the website.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%