Oreo Filling, Marshmallow Creme Or Fluff?

Baking By goeasycakes Updated 14 Jun 2012 , 7:44pm by shanter

goeasycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
goeasycakes Posted 14 Jun 2012 , 5:18pm
post #1 of 4

does it matter? when I read through the recipe thread, there didn't seem to be a definitive answer. i'm going to use the oreo filling in a kids bday cake this weekend.........

thanks!

3 replies
jenscreativity Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenscreativity Posted 14 Jun 2012 , 5:34pm
post #2 of 4

I heard marshmallow creme is NOT as sweet as marsh. fluff is, so depends on your sweetness taste. I heard you have to add some sugar to the creme one to get sweet like fluff, so I would just use fluff overall and be done with it. Then you don't need to worry about it. Sounds yummy! Good luck!

Pearl645 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pearl645 Posted 14 Jun 2012 , 6:22pm
post #3 of 4

How do I make marshmellow cream and marshmellow fluff? What is the consistency like? I hear about it all over CC but don't really know what it is. Do yal use it to cover cakes and frost cupcakes or just for cake fillings?

shanter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanter Posted 14 Jun 2012 , 7:44pm
post #4 of 4

I don't make marshmAllows, marshmallow cream, or marshmallow fluff - I buy them. I don't use cream or fluff by itself (unless you count taking a spoonful out of the jar and eating it! icon_biggrin.gif ); I use them as filling, filling ingredients, or for other recipes. Marshmallows I use to make s'mores and marshmallow fondant.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%