Aghhhhh!! How Do Ya'll Get Your Avaters So Big??

Decorating By tabs8774 Updated 24 Jan 2007 , 3:57am by hellie0h

tabs8774 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tabs8774 Posted 23 Jan 2007 , 5:46pm
post #1 of 12

i have tried with a few different pics and if they are 6kb then they are soooooo small! the site wont let me upload if they are above that even if they are 110 by110. can some opne please explain how to get them big enough to see???

thanks b4 hand!! icon_biggrin.gif

11 replies
mnmmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mnmmommy Posted 23 Jan 2007 , 5:53pm
post #2 of 12

I have the same problem icon_cry.gif Please help us.

nefgaby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nefgaby Posted 23 Jan 2007 , 5:54pm
post #3 of 12

I had the same problem... I went to a website (can´t remember where) I googled it and I made my picture 109x109 and 5.8KB. The website allowed me to enter dimensions and size of the picture I wanted. I know I´m not helping much since I don´t remember which website I used but maybe if you google it?? Good luck!

nefgaby Posted 23 Jan 2007 , 5:59pm
post #4 of 12

I believe this is the website...
http://www.shrinkpictures.com/

mommabear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommabear Posted 23 Jan 2007 , 5:59pm
post #5 of 12

someone once mentioned the sight shrinkpictures.com Hope that helps.

vivedcreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vivedcreations Posted 23 Jan 2007 , 6:08pm
post #6 of 12

I use a program called Image Resizer Powertoy for Windows XP. You can just do a search for this and then download the program. Once the program is downloaded all you have to do is right click on your picture whereever you have it saved and there will be an option to resize pictures. I usuall resize to the smallest size and it works fine. It will keep your original picture and just make a "small" picture also. Hope this helps. I use this ALL the time!

Momof4luvscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Momof4luvscakes Posted 23 Jan 2007 , 6:14pm
post #7 of 12

I used www.shrinkpictures.com also!!

sweetflowers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetflowers Posted 23 Jan 2007 , 6:53pm
post #8 of 12

If your computer has MS office (a newer version) there is a tool called MS office picture manager that will do this. But blowing up a pic can make is blurry if it is too small and you try to make it too big. Easier to start big and shrink!

tabs8774 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tabs8774 Posted 23 Jan 2007 , 7:55pm
post #9 of 12

i have image zone hp it lets me resize to the dimensions cc calls for but when i do the picture is really small. i see that others here have much larger avatars and i was tring to get mine larger.

maybe the image has to be a small section of a larger picture? i really appreciate the help from everyone here.

nefgaby Posted 23 Jan 2007 , 8:05pm
post #10 of 12

Just make sure you are entering the correct data, the KB is for the resolution of the picture and the 110x110 is the size itself, so you have to trim or shrink your pic to 109x109 and then lower the resolution to under 6KB.
Since my picture was portrait (not landscape) mine is about 109x90 or something like that.
What seemed to help me was to get my picture 109x90 first and then change the resolution from like 49KB to only 5.9KB.
Hope this helps.

YummyFireMummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
YummyFireMummy Posted 24 Jan 2007 , 1:34am
post #11 of 12

I use Adobe Photoshop to resize my pics

hellie0h Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hellie0h Posted 24 Jan 2007 , 3:57am
post #12 of 12

I use Paint Shop Pro, have a few other image manulaption programs as well..I have not used the program that I am including a link for, but I trust Major Geeks website as to have completely safe and working software downloads. This program will OPTIMIZE your picture file, optimizing the pic will reduce the file to the kb size you need. Before optimizing, reduce your pic size to 110x110. Anyhow, here is the link
http://www.majorgeeks.com/TinyPic_d5459.html

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%