Gumpaste Flowers

Decorating By Traci9130 Updated 14 Jun 2012 , 9:40pm by leah_s

Traci9130 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Traci9130 Posted 7 Jun 2012 , 1:33am
post #1 of 10

Hi. I am looking to order some gumpaste flowers for my girlfriend's wedding cake...I want it to be perfect and I don't have a lot of time, so I am looking to order the flowers rather then doing them on my own. Anyhow, has anyone ever ordered from a place called The Baker's Kitchen? Their sprays look beautiful, and while I understand how fragile they are, it's making me nervous since they are saying that the flowers are fragile and might break in shipping...So, I am wondering if anyone had a good experience with them or any other establishment.

9 replies
shanter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanter Posted 7 Jun 2012 , 2:35am
post #2 of 10

I suggest you send a PM to leah_s. She has posted her supplier but I don't remember the name. She is a superb caker and very helpful.

ajwonka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ajwonka Posted 7 Jun 2012 , 2:37am
post #3 of 10

I buy my hi ratio from TBK, never had any problems. I get my gumpaste flowers from shop bakers nook dot com. Inexpensive, quality, super fast shipping!

shanter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanter Posted 7 Jun 2012 , 2:58pm
post #4 of 10

Some sites are blocked by Cake Central. You'll have to swap e-mail addresses to send the name.

Polarcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Polarcakes Posted 7 Jun 2012 , 3:05pm
post #5 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanter

I suggest you send a PM to leah_s. She has posted her supplier but I don't remember the name. She is a superb caker and very helpful.

http://www.avalondeco.com/Gum_Paste_homepage.htm

sweettreat101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettreat101 Posted 7 Jun 2012 , 7:19pm
post #6 of 10

I ordered gumpaste floral sprays for cakesbyjan. She is in Bangor Maine and her prices are wonderful. All of my floral sprays arrived in perfect condition and I live on the West Coast. If you don't see the flowers you are looking for just send her an email and she will email you back a picture and a price. I paid 2.50 for the white floral sprays and .99 for the stargazer lilies. She uses the Priority shipping boxes from the postal service so your shipping costs are low and they arrive fast. She also has great prices on Lorann oils if you need to stock up. I will try posting her link hopefully it won't be blocked. http://www.cakesbyjan.com/

ajwonka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ajwonka Posted 8 Jun 2012 , 3:16am
post #7 of 10

Blocked! You can PM me if you'd like the company I use!

BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 8 Jun 2012 , 5:23am
post #8 of 10

I've used sprays & individual flowers from Caljava (caljavaonline.com) in a pinch. They pack extremely well and have a wonderful selection. Shipping is very reasonable.

Rae

Traci9130 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Traci9130 Posted 14 Jun 2012 , 9:23pm
post #9 of 10

Thanks everyone!

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 14 Jun 2012 , 9:40pm
post #10 of 10

I do love Avalon Deco!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%