Strawberry Filling

Baking By mamanorm Updated 4 Jun 2012 , 4:16pm by BurnsyJ

mamanorm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamanorm Posted 4 Jun 2012 , 11:49am
post #1 of 4

I am making a cake for a baby shower this weekend. Mama wants a white cake with strawberry filling and fondant icing. It's a nautical theme for a boy. Can anyone recommend a strawberry filling that isn't pink, doesn't have to be refrigerated, and doesn't use jello. (Mama doesn't like the taste of the jello!). Thanks icon_smile.gif

3 replies
scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 4 Jun 2012 , 11:56am
post #2 of 4

Strawberry puree added to IMBC, even in a large amount, will only yield a pale, flesh-tone color. It is more neutral than pink. It's pale enough to be tinted, and not so pink as to be feminine if left alone.

The flavor is one of my favorite. I use Dole frozen strawberries with a very small amount of sugar added. I puree it in the processor.

matthewkyrankelly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
matthewkyrankelly Posted 4 Jun 2012 , 12:12pm
post #3 of 4

Use a good strawberry sleeve filling. Refrigeration is touchy unless you are sure. You can end up with some fermented fruit pretty quickly.

BurnsyJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BurnsyJ Posted 4 Jun 2012 , 4:16pm
post #4 of 4

I filled vanilla cupcakes with strawberry filling. Not sure how it would work with cake, but you can read about it here: http://thekitchendunce.blogspot.com/2012/05/strawberry-filled-vanilla-cupcakes-with.html

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%